interpretation of Netstat/spyware

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by nicM, Jul 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Hi, I would like to know if someone can tell me if the Netstat's shot beyhond means that I've something wrong with the 1025 port, wich seems to be "listening"...

In fact, I've stupidely began the installation of messenger plus, and even if aborted, a spyware is present on my system (I'm tryin to get help about how to remove on the "spyware /browser hijack forum page, in this moment... :( )

If the shot means that port 1025 is open, the spyware is surely responsible... o_O

Cheers,

Attached Files:

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Nico-nico,
    you might like Gavin's explication here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=17119&highlight=port 1025
    You see on your screenshot local and remote are both your own localhost and status is listening, it is not connected or established.
    If it would be different like on the established and remote connections and remote on another IP address the story was different.

3. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Hi, Jooske :D . Thanks , I will not worry about this anymore.... . You are a boss... :eek:
    Cheers

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Ah, another person happy today, that is really great!
    We have a very good google here fortunately, and my own memory to remember we discussed that subject recently.

5. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Eehhh, what do you mean? o_O (I'm a crap in english... :oops: )

6. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi nico. :)

My french is not very good, but i will attempt to translate what Jooske said,

Ah, une autre personne aujourd'hui heureux, cela est vraiment grand ! Nous avons un très bon google ici heureusement, et ma propre mémoire pour se rappeler nous avons discuté que le sujet récemment.

snowbound

7. nicM

nicM nico-nico

:D Hi, Snowbound,Merci pour le coup de main... . That's is unfortunatly "google" that I don't understand.. :oops: . But don't worry, haha. ;)

Cheers

8. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Oh, and by the way, the Wilders's forum is very-very useful, and friendly :D .
    Go on this way, guys! ;)

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

One of the main internet search engines is "google" (www.google.com or the google search bar in your browser) so to search with the search engine on internet is named rather often "to google", "i google around" = i search on internet (most times using the google search engine)
    Also for "googling" in the forum one can use it's own forum search engine or type the search in google and adding wilders.
    To ease all that i have the google search bar included in the browser.
    Now in google type your own nickname nico-nico and maybe you have to add security but you will find yourself on top of the list pointing to this forum.

10. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Ahhh, OK... I though you were refering to the origins of the term, what is about a mathematic formula, or something like that :oops: ...
    oups, Cheers ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.