Internet Optimizer Programs. Do they work?. If so which is best?.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AnthonyG, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

When browsing around the internet. I have started to see a lot of advertisments for applications that claim to be Internet Speed Optimizers. Which claim to speed up downloads. Make web pages load much faster. And they claim to be able to do a whole host of other impressive things.

Therefore i was wondering if they actually do work. And are they actually worth adding to my system?.

I currently have a new 1mb Broadband free with my phone company. Which appears to be restricted as at peak hours times it goes down 60kb/s or even 30kb/s.

So I was considering one of these programs to help get my 120kb/s I should be allowed to get through my 1mb line.

So can i ask if these softwares do actually work. Which is the best feature packed software people could recommend for me.

Thanks
    Anthony

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i would say have a look at onspeed

3. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

That sounds like dsl to me, am I right?
    Usually you need to adjust the MTU for dsl, standard is 1500, I have mine set to 1492.
    Here is a little tool that might help: tcp optimizer

4. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I think they worked but that depends really on your connections. Some programs may work good for others while others didn't work at all. :cautious: :blink:

For me, I have TuneUp Utilities 2006 and I "felt" that it really have improved the speed of my slow dial-up connections. The internet optimizer features of TuneUp Utilities is just one part of its many features, at least I don't have to go shopping for another program just to optimize internet connections. :cool: ;)

There are many programs out there, but you have to try it first and test and feel yourself your web browsing experiences, the before and after experience is very important rather than just reading the "flowery" words of advertisements and "readers comments or reviews" in their site. :cautious: :cool:

5. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

And that is a tricky one, if you optimize and open the same web pages, they might come from the browser cache. Hence feel faster.
    Anyway, the current firefox browser also improves the internet experience by preloading the links on the current web page.

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i too use tcp optimizer. its free and doesnt require installation.

7. Dina

Dina Registered Member

Cablenut and TCP optimizer. Free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.