Internet connection unavailable and disable protection too

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by infolarix, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. infolarix

infolarix Registered Member

Hi everybody,

first sorry for my english....

in my office we have recently installed NOD32 AV (vers. 4.0.474.0), we bought from italian seller so it's in italian language.

About a couple of weeks a colleague had a problem with internet connection (with FF and with IE), local network disk worked and all intranet (vnc, vmware, imap email) worked good, but browsing was impossible. Note that we left the pc always on because during the night each programmer pc rebuilds our projects.
    After a reboot everything re-worked correctly.

The day after he had the same problem. After a week, other two pc started having the same problem, the other still works good.

We suppose that it's something connected with NOD32 because when trying to disable protections it asks the confirm for that action but it didn't do anything else.
    My colleague found a message like "it's impossible to deactivate the protection because of an error communicating with kernel".

Now it happen every day to 3 pc but all other works correctly. Any ideas?

2. infolarix

My english is so bad or no ideas? :)

3. Geosoft

Geosoft Registered Member

Infolarax. Is the problem only occurring on a few specific sites, or all webpages you are visiting? Do you notice that the problem is with secure sites (https://) or just normal sites (http://)

4. infolarix

Opss, sorry I forget to sign the post, my name is Stefano.

It seems that something catches all the requests from the browser outside, local intranet, local pages... everything and with every browser.
    And if we kill the process egui.exe it's impossible to restart because the communication kernel problem above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.