International version of FDISR

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Heco, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heco

Heco Registered Member

Hi,
    When will an international build be released for non-english windows XP system?
    Cheers:cool:
    Hervé

2. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

The next build will be able to run on a non-English version of Windows. From the Leapfrog software site:

3. Heco

Heco Registered Member

Thanks Tony for the information.:)
    Cheers,
    Hervé

4. Reve_Etrange

Reve_Etrange Registered Member

If someone could drop a line when the I18N version is available... Better than going through changelogs crossing one's fingers :)

-RE

5. ^Ale

^Ale Registered Member

Hervè, on 29th Jun Raxco support told me:
    "We are performing internal tests on the new version. Once the tests are complete then we will release it. We don’t have any dates set yet.", so I hope soon.

^Ale

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  6. Reve_Etrange

Thks, I'll wait ;)

-RE

7. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

according to leapfrog build 169 is internationalised and you can get it from software pursuits,30 days trial.

huupi

8. Reve_Etrange

TY, I won't be able to tamper with my PC before next month, but that's probably the first thing I'll do when I'm done ;)

-RE

9. Reve_Etrange

Does it make sense to wait for Raxco's release, to take advantage of their support?
    What about SPursuit's one?

-RE

10. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

It certainly makes sense for me. Raxco's support is great and I know nothing of Software Pursuits. I don't mean SPursuits support is bad, I just mean nothing's broken on my system and I am willing to wait for the new features until Raxco's gives them its "blessing".

Then again, if you need international functionality, that may or may not be more urgent a need for you.

11. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

If you depend on support, then it absolutely makes sense.
    I personally got tired of waiting for Raxco so I installed the Leapfrog version (I have a licence from Raxco) and it works perfectly. (I wonder what the resellers ad to their version anyway.)
    This software has always been stable as hell, never had to use the support at Raxco. Doesnt one have to pay extra to get support from Raxco anyway? I belive I saw something about 90 days of free support, when I bought it a couple of years ago, and then one had to pay . I just checked Raxco´s web site but cant find anything about it (or that is only told when buying the software maybe) so I might remeber wrong.

12. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Sukarof, you are correct. Support is additional $$, and it's not mentioned until check-out. The cost is a meer pitilance, but getting it is a bit of a problem. I purchased FD-ISR from a re-seller (can't remember the name) and I wasn't offered the option to purchase additional support. I contacted Raxco and after a few e-mails I was given the support option for free.

Raxco is an excellent company, and support is top notch. This is one company that really seem to value their customers.:thumb:

...screamer

13. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Amen. Even if you don't purchase the support, and the time runs out, if you need help, they will help you. That was why I ended up purchasing the support. Because they were giving me tremendous support, and the time had expired.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.