Intermittent Update Failures

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Arsynic, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arsynic

Arsynic Registered Member

Multiple times per week I have to clear the update cache manually and download a fresh version of the update file in ERAC. Why is this happening? How can I prevent the updates from becoming corrupted?

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Arsynic,

What type of internet connection do you have and can you please provide more information to troubleshoot the issue?

Thank you,
    Richard

3. bradtech

bradtech Guest

I have the same problem.. The only way I have been able to resolve this issue is set a scheduled task to restart the updater service every hour.. I gave up on the Remote Administrator Console Updater, and setup a NOD32 V4 update mirror from a client on a server.. Sad thing is, I see now why I was getting download interrupts... The update process was begging out at 100% CPU usage, and all my users were going to a download interrupt stage.. I have a batch file that runs every hour, and restarts the service automatically... Ever since then ZERO problems...

4. Arsynic

Arsynic Registered Member

We have a 3.0 Mb T1. I have over 40 clients now connected to the update server. For a few days or hours the clients download the updates from the server fine, then all of a sudden the update module fails. The only thing that fixes it is manually clearing the cache on the update server (Tools --> Server Options --> Update) and then re-downloading the update file(s). So I'm assuming that the update cache is becoming corrupted.

Here are some details about my ERAS server:

Windows 2008 SP1
    VMWare Virtual Platform
    1024 MB of memory
    40 GB HDD
    1Gbit NIC

5. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Arsynic,

Try changing the update interval from every hour to every 3 hours and see if that makes the difference. If not, setting up a client as a mirror as bradtech has done will work.

Thank you,
    Richard

6. bradtech

bradtech Guest

Create an update mirror through the NOD32 Client on a server, if you do it on the same server as the Remote Administrator be sure to disable the Remote Administrator update client built in. Create a scheduled task to run every hour to stop/start the eHTTPSrv process automatically.

Take the contents from below

@echo off
    REM - File: ehttpsrv.bat
    REM - Description: Restart's ESET NOD32s eHTTP Service in 4.0
    REM - Author: Brad **********
    echo Restarting NOD32 Update Mirror...
    echo ======================================================
    net stop "eHttpSrv"
    net start "eHttpSrv"
    echo ======================================================
    echo NOD32 Update Mirror has Started Downloads resumed

Save this as a local batch file, and schedule a task to every hour or so..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.