Interesting observation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CliveS, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CliveS

CliveS Registered Member

I have used TI versions 774 up to the latest 903. All versions have worked on my PC but interestingly version 903 is the only version that reliably detects my Freecom USB 2.0 80gig HD first time, every time. All previous versions always failed to detect the drive on first attempt and often needed two or even three attempts to connect.

I always take and restore images using the back-up CD but have sometimes encountered freezes at various points in the imaging or restoration procedure, especially with versions pre 774. V903 imaged perfectly the first time I tried it, whilst prior to installation of V903, I had a spell of freezes and re-boots with all previous versions back to 774, after having changed my British Telecom Voyager Broadband router from a USB to an RJ45 NETWARE DG834G router. Prior to the spate of freezing, I had taken and restored several images without problems. Even after properly uninstalling the Voyager router software, the freezing continued. However, I later established that the freezing also ocurred without running TI and just transferring files from my internal HD to the USB HD. I reported this in an earlier post on this forum.

My gut feeling is that the TI freeze and re-boot problems I have experienced are to do with a USB problem. However, I do feel that Acronis may well have changed something in V903 that has cured my particular problem - time will tell! Apart from freeze problems, I have experienced no other significant problems with any version, although, I have not used all of the many features available.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.