Integrity checkers.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Comp01, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Does anyone know of any good free real-time integrity checkers?

2. dog

dog Guest

The only one I know of that qualifies as both free and real time would be Javacool's File Checker. ;) Most aren't real time, but there are several other free alternatives like Sarah Dean's Integrity Checker, which I use myself.

Steve

3. Irondell

Irondell Guest

I use WinHKI Checksum Calculator. It detects and removes illicit additions to the WINDOWS/system files. It is a 'real time' monitor and from version 1.30 onwards you can add any file you want checked. Unfortunately from V.1.30 onwards it became payware. V.1.24 is the last freeware version and is still available on some (mostly German) websites e.g.:http://www.updates.de/software/download/Download_16332.html. Its not customizable but it does work, honest!

4. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

I would use Javacool's but it would take quite a while for me to add all the files I want checked, spanning numerous directories and sub-directories, I'd like to be able to just select a folder, all files in it, and all sub-directories and files, Integrity Checker looks to be nice as a scanner, however, haven't had much time to play around with it yet, if there is a way to add fiels to the check list like I siad by just choosing the directory and ahving all files and sub-directories added automatically to FileChecker, let me know.

5. Irondell

Irondell Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.