Installs for Current User Only

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by GeoApps, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeoApps

GeoApps Registered Member

When I install most other security software (e.g. ZoneAlarm, McAfee VirusScanner), they either install for all-users automatically or offer to install for all-users or just the current user. However, both SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster32 install for the current user only, and I have to run them logged in as each individual user on multi-user computers. (Actually what I have started doing is moving the SG shortcut from the Admin user's Startup Folder to the "All Users" startup folder, but I can't stop non-admin users from running it. Perhaps it should be started from a Run key instead ....)

On initial installation IMHO SpywareGuard should offer to install-and-run either for the current user or for all users, and should also offer to allow all users to shut it down or only administrative users. This way parents could install it as admin and let their kids run as limited users knowing that SpywareGuard was active.

SpywareBlaster32 should, when installed the first time, offer to install-and-run-once either manually or automatically for all other users. This way when you log in as a different user, if SB32 is set to run automatically it would run silently, updating settings for each new login, and if set to run manually, it should run on login, prompting for permission to run. Anytime the admin user updates the SB32 database, it would allow the admin user to set it to run again (either manually or automagically) for other users.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.