InstallGuard

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Tyrizian, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I haven't tried this one yet, but it seems interesting. Currently in beta and free, thought I would share http://www.completelock.com/

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  2. Tyrizian

Some Screenshots:
    01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

3. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

This is only for installing software ;)

What about others suspect files like bat, vbs, zip, ... and others suspect files ?

4. Tyrizian

Ok, I just emailed the developers, message details are below

I am currently testing out your Completelock - InstallGuard program and I would like to know if it offers the following.

Does InstallGuard block other suspect files like bat, vbs, zip, ... and other suspect files ?

Plus, if possible...could you sign up at the Wilders Security Forum? A thread has been started there and it would be nice to have the developer(s) involved, as well as keeping us informed about future versions of InstallGuard. You can find the thread here https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=2094437#post2094437

If I get a response back, I'll make sure to post all the details in this thread

5. danusoft

danusoft Registered Member

Hi there,

It's great to hear that there are already some people interested in this release, thanks for downloading! In response to your question regarding blocking bat, vbs, zip and other suspect files:

The software currently only scans for active processes with certain 'keywords' (i.e.: anything containing msiexec, setup, or any custom keywords) in the process name. However, these are absolutely great suggestions which I'll make sure we research for possible inclusion on version 1.0.

One of the features also being included is a pre-populated list of process names, for example, alot of organizations have requested that we create a category such as "browsers" which will block unauthorized browsers from running (chrome, firefox, etc), or messaging applications, etc...

Also for inclusion will be file MD5 hashes, so the software will automatically query a global database of suspect files and catch any suspect file that matches the suspect MD5 hash from running.

We greatly appreciate feedback and would love more community involvement so please feel free to introduce new recommendations for features.

Thank you.

Jonathan D.
    DanuSoft Software/CompleteLock.com

6. Tyrizian

Thank you Jonathan for joining us here at the forums and Welcome.

InstallGuard looks quite interesting and I can't wait to see what you guys have planned.

7. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

This looks really interesting! Maybe I will have a look some time in a VM

8. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

I think one can achieve same results through Group Policy and User Accounts, but this software looks like a handy tool for someone not involved into that. Like me.
    Thanks for sharing.

9. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I would give it a go but Netframe 4 is required,but it does look interesting.

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

Netframe 4 is required:thumbd: :thumbd:

11. Tyrizian

Yeah, that is the only downfall....NET Framework.

It still looks like it's got some potential though.

12. Tyrizian

Sure, no problem:thumb:

13. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

Radeon,

Thanks for submitting to Danusoft staff. :thumb:

Danusoft,

You're welcome here ! ;)

I will waiting for more features in your next release, thanks.

14. jna99

jna99 Registered Member

this sound very interesting indeed !
    thanks for bringing this software to our attention.
    I know there are some other install monitor programs like revo or total uninstall to name a few.
    But I like the MD5 checksum feature and possibly other process monitoring of this software.
    Thanks Danusoft, I'll keep my eye open as well.
    Thanks Radeon for making it happen! :thumb:

EDIT: about .NET 3.5 / 4.0 . Some programs or even games I've installed, either installed by Steam or otherwise, require involvement of .NET 4
    I don't have much problems with it thus far. I run several tools to check, like hitmanpro, malwarebytes and having AV running.
    (I removed the list from my signature, because I do have a habit of changing programs and don't feel like updating my signature).

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  15. Tyrizian

Sure, no problem:thumb:

16. Tyrizian

:thumb:

17. jna99

jna99 Registered Member

I do have one question though, and I'm not sure if it is important or irrelevant.
    I have a 64bit os running (windows 7 ultimate).
    Does it fully support 64-bit ?
    I'm not sure if 64bit support is relevant with installation. But could be if there are some programs or even malware targeted at 64bit.
    I ask this because some 32-bit software I tested in the past don't even run on 64bit OS.

I couldn't find anything on 64-bit on the website, although it says any windows.
    Quote from the website:

18. danusoft

Thanks for all the posts everyone, all the comments are much appreciated and thanks for welcoming us to the forum!

In response to the .NET framework requirement, we try to build our software on a relatively solid framework rather than all custom libraries so that if we find a problem with our code (compatibility issues, vulnerabilities, etc) we can quickly rely on a community of .NET developers for a solution rather than prolonging a solution due to development issues. Also, .NET allows us to release our software to any Windows system as long as .NET is installed, regardless of 32/64-bit processing. We will however research a more portable version to address the .NET requirement, therefore only include the necessary DLLs in our release but that [might] cause issues - stay tuned :)

Regarding 64 bit support, yes, the software is compatible with 64 bit systems. Thanks for pointing this out, we will include this information on the site.

Jonathan D.

19. danusoft

Hi everyone,

We have updated the software to version 0.95 (Still in beta, but we are getting very close to version 1.0).

There are some new improvements and features we are very excited about:

The installer has been completely redesigned. It will automatically check for system requirements, .NET framework requirements, etc, and will prompt the user to automatically download and install any missing components before installing the software.

New software features:

• Faster, smarter detection: We have improved our code to detect installations and unauthorized executable files much faster, and we provided the user with a way to control this speed to tweak the performance. We tested with multiple random software installers, on multiple systems and everything was blocked.
    • Intelligent Blocker: A brand new feature! This feature will actively monitor your file system for new files, downloads, files transferred from other devices (USB, CD/DVD, network, etc). Once a file is detected, if it meets the criteria, the file can be either automatically deleted or blocked from running. Also, based on feature requests from the users on this forum, the software will now automatically detect (and block):

1. EXE (Executable files)
    2. MSI (Windows Installer)
    3. COM (Executable)
    4. BAT (Batch script)
    5. VBS (VB Script)
    6. CMD (Command Script)
    7. JS (JavaScript)
    8. SCR (Script - Screensaver script)
    9. REG (Registry)

Finally, we added a System Lockdown set of features. This new feature will allow you to lock down your system to prevent the software from being closed by a more savvy user. Other lock down features are also available in this section.

Within the next few weeks we are coming up with a few more features. As always, thanks everyone for sharing your opinions, it is greatly appreciated!

Here are some screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jonathan D.

Attached Files:

20. Tyrizian

WOW, what a feature set...I like it.

This is definitely looking better, thanks for keeping us posted.

21. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

defenitly i want to try this software:thumb:

22. Tyrizian

When will you release the next beta?, I am anxious to try out the new block features.

23. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Can someone tell me what kind of program this is? HIPS, HIDS, AE?

24. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Its an anti-executable right?

25. Tyrizian

I would aim more towards that, yes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.