Installed MRU-Blaster and Netscape Bookmarks disappeared!!!

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by trixie, Jan 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trixie

trixie Registered Member

Help!

I installed MRU-Blaster (downloaded from this site via a link from net-integration.net) and the next time i opened Netscape 7.1, all my Netscape bookmarks were GONE!!! The imported Favorites from Internet Explorer were still there, but nothing I've bookmarked in the last three months using Netscape.

This is VERY bad... I've been working on a project and all the sites I've bookmarked are lost!

Please help?

(oh, more info: i'm running windows 98 on a sony vaio, pentium II, & this happened because of the initial "clean" that was performed when I installed MRU-Blaster.)

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

MRU-Blaster doesn't touch Netscape bookmarks (or anything related to Netscape) so I'm not sure why that happened.

But I don't think it was MRU-Blaster. :doubt:

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. trixie

trixie Registered Member

Okay, a little more info...

I went online and downloaded MRU-Blaster. An hour later, I used the MRU-Blaster. Next time I opened Netscape, I got the greeting screen as though I was using it for the first time. In other words, it asked me to register again, and all my previous preferences and my bookmarks were gone. Everything had been reset to the defaults as though I had never used the program before.

It was not an update of Netscape, as my Netscape program files show they were created in October, when I originally downloaded Netscape. However, the bookmarks file and some other preferences files I can find using Windows Explorer are all time stamped for today.

Any ideas?

What happens to the files that MRU-Blaster cleans? Can they be restored or recovered somehow?

Thanks.

4. poaisehf

poaisehf Guest

i have it installed and it hasn't touched my netscape files.

i did some research on google with the search words,

my booknarks are gone netscape

i found out that there are some settings on the bookmark file that may be the cause of this particular problem.

again, mrublaster rocks my world.

:p :D

5. trixie

trixie Registered Member

yeah, thanks for that... i'd done the same thing but didn't find the source of my particular problem. the only thing that had changed on my computer that day, or that needed to, was that i installed and ran mru blaster. who knows what happened. i run spybot, hijack this and antivirus on a regular basis and so i feel pretty sure that some file netscape needed was erased/made inaccessible by mru blaster, so the next time i opened netscape it was as if it was the first time again. probably NOT really an mru-blaster problem but a netscape bug, just not one i could put my finger on.

in any case, netscape bad. mozilla good. since i switched to using mozilla, my page load times increased and i get almost no bad stuff EVER. i know it's the same engine driving both, but mozilla is just better.

i hope you and mru blaster will enjoy a long and happy relationship! : )

peace.

6. Bent Nielsen

Bent Nielsen Registered Member

Hi There!

I have downloaded MRU Blaster too, and when I run it it clears nearly all my desk Icons. Only a few maps was left.

This happend with Windows 98 operating system.

I have tryed the same on my new computer running under Windows XP Pro and works fine, witout any problems.

Similar to both operating systems is, that I have the latest version and updates of Microsoft Internet Exploarer.

I observed resently a new problem, witch I am not quite sure is related to MRU Blaster, but all the user information has been deleted. When I open the activity handler, there is no one logged on and it is hereafter not possible to make a system recovery in tools.

I have even looked in the logg for Administrators and only the system is logged as user of the actal computer.

You have not informaed about your actual operating system, but onlu that you use Net Scape.

Do we have common problems?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.