Installation of standard client on servers

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by onaj, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onaj

onaj Registered Member

Hello,

The Question:
    Is there anything wrong with installing the standard NOD32 AV client program on a windows 2003 server, whether it is a small business server hosting exchange or SQL?

The Background:
    Our email spam and spam filtering is outsourced, so we do not need the exchange scanner. However, this system IS on our network, and therefore, I wish to have a resident scanner on the system. I found a few posts on the internet in various forums all of which suggested having the scanner exclude certain files, such as the exchange mailbox database (the specific post about this said that if an email with a virus is received, it is stored in the mailbox and if the scanner scans this, it may delete or quarantine the entire store! It sounds logical, however, I'm not familiar with exactly how scanners work). Since a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, I am looking to find out whether I can just leave the scanner default, or whether I need to customize it somewhat.

Thank you for your time.

2. greencoconut

greencoconut Registered Member

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

In case it wasn't mentioned, for servers, you will have to install a Business Edition license. You can't run a home edition license of NOD32 (sans v2.7) on a server product.

4. onaj

onaj Registered Member

Hi,

We purchased business edition, 30 licenses. We are using exchange on the SBS server. However, our mail is filtered prior to reaching our mailserver, hence we elected not to get NOD32 for exchange server. Can I still use the NOD32 client program on the exchange server, without risk of having the mailboxes quarantined or deleted, as I found in some random internet posting?

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.