Installation errors

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Clive T, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clive T

Clive T Registered Member

I am getting a number of error messages when attempting to do a clean reinstall of NOD32 (v2 or 4) on XP SP3. The installation msi is on my drive c: which is not networked. I have removed all trace of eset from folders and expunged all traces of eset/nod32 from the registry and services. I've run the Windows install clean up utility, too.

This issue occurs with my existing reg no, the temporary one sent to me today on renewal, as well as a trial key from eset.

I can't seem to attach a jpg here or in the image gallery but the errors are:

1: "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" etc
    2: "the file c:\downloads\eav_nt32_enu.msi is not a valid installatio package for the product" etc
    3: "the older version of ESET NOD32 cannot be removed. Contact your support group"

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  2. Clive T

Clive T Registered Member

I assume that the silence here is because the big brains are deep in thought about this issue :)

Anyway, the problem's solved. I've removed all traces of NOD32 from my system, contacted the reseller for a refund and installed Avira.

Bye Eset.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Well, the whole problem seems to lie in that you removed the installation package from C:\WINDOWS\Installer which is required for uninstallation. All msi packages you've ever installed should be located there and should not be removed as long as the appropriate product is installed. Even if there's a problem with uninstallation that cannot be resolved by other means, customer care or I can provide you with an uninstall tool that will remove all program traces and thus enabling you to install EAV/ESS from scratch.

4. dapster

dapster Registered Member

Please, please provide me with said "uninstall tool." Without it I expect to remain stuck with my older installation of NOD32 v.3.0.669.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.