Installation crashes with bluescreen (V10H)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Chris4You, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris4You

Chris4You Registered Member

Hallo,

everytime i install acronis true image 10 (home), the system (xp-medaicenter, sp2) crashes with a blue screen (filter.sys Page fault). After reeboot the hardwaremanager recognizes a new device and need the file timntr_2k.sys (which i can't find). Worst thing, i can't uninstall (system-controll-sw shows no installted sw named Acronis...), and after every reeboot the same procceder occours... Grrrrr....
    The pc is a new one with all updates....
    Any help? Where i can get this file... (hope it will only this file i can't find...)
    Any help...?
    Greetings,
    Chris4You
    Added:
    If i try to disable the acronis-device via the hw-manager, windows will crash at startup with a bluescreen, only option that saved my compus-live was to go back to the last working configuration... So i have a deadlock: Can not install the sw, can not re-install or delete, nor i can disable the sw....
    So it seems that 3 days of installing the new computer are lost in spaceo_O??

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  2. Twoleeland

Twoleeland Registered Member

The "filter.sys" is acting like a dll. It will install with USB-Devices, I think.
    I have an internal cardreader from DeLock (DeLock.de) and i used the driversetup (it was not neccesary),
    because i wanted the cute icons for each mediatype to be shown under "Windows Explorer".
    I get problems with Acronis True Image and Disk Director (any version), same as you.
    Now I uninstalled this driverpackage and now it works!
    If someone from Acronis read this they could stick on this and try to find out why this behaviour happens
    (this happens with Acronis too, if it is installed and then you install the filter.sys and you want to start Acronis).
    The filter.sys comes from Walter Oney Software (www.oneysoft.com).
    I hope it will help you and others with this problem.

3. Chris4You

Thanks,

I've manually installed the drivers but Arconis won't start!
    I figured out, that the Acronis-Version located at the "BartPE"-Directory will work ... Strange ... (This version has the same buildnumber as the version which is located at the "Acronis-Dir" (and which is called from the startmenu)....

For me it's not a solution to uninstall the cardreader-drivers, i need the reader (photocards, videocard and so on...).

Greetings,
    Chris

4. Twoleeland

Twoleeland Registered Member

My cardreader is recognized with windows drivers now, because windows xp has built-in drivers for many cardreaders (usb,built-in,etc.)
    (i think its name in Windows Explorer is "Removable Drive" or something like this; I know it only in German "Wechsellaufwerk").
    I installed the drivers from the cd of the cardreader (IT WAS NOT NECCESSARY for the function of the cardreader!!!),
    because I wanted for each media another icon (for MMC, SD, MS and so on). ;)

So you can try uninstall the drivers and make sure, that filter.sys isn't any longer on your system (-> use for this the search-function).
    After that, reboot and reconnect the cardreader. If the cardreader don't appear,
    try also "search for changed hardware" in Start->Settings->Systemsettings->System.

5. Chris4You

Thanx!
    Do you think disabling the cardreader via HW-Manger will do the job?
    The problem is:
    - it is a new system (guaranty will be lost if i open the case ... grrr...)

Best of all, after installing an other app, windows recognized "a pending installation" and after this Acronis disappeard (Installed SW shows no more Acronis...)....

Will give it a try in the evening.... .

If it will not work i will use the BartPE-Version from Acronis, hope this will do the job (for two years, guaranty, you know)...

Have fun,
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.