Install KAV 5 In Safe Mode???

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Ed_H, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

I have not been able to do a complete scan with KAV 5 (Personal or Personal Pro) as it freezes my PC. KL is still working on a solution for me and is hoping that the update to Personal Pro later this month will do the trick. I am not sure since I still can't do a complete scan with just released Personal 5.0227. One thing I have not tried is installing in Safe Mode? Is this worth a try? I noticed that Microsoft is suggesting this if you have trouble installing XP SP2.

In the mean time, I have been using NOD32 and certainly like the speed...I am just not sure about the protection. So many different test results make it confusing.

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Since KL is working on a solution, it implies they've nailed down the problem logic demands.

IMO you can give it a try. I wouldn't expect miracles though; KL is working on it for good reasons I presume.

Indeed they do. KL seems the one to turn to for a solution as it looks like though.

There's no such thing as total protection. NOD32, KAV and few others are surely all very good AVs.

regards.

paul

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

fyi, u cant install any program that relies on the windows installer (including KAV) in safe mode. in safe mode many drivers are disabled and many services cannot be started including windows installer.

4. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

Thank You Paul & WSFuser.

I'll just wait to see what KL comes up with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.