Install Fails Everytime I Try

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by topgazza, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topgazza

topgazza Registered Member

Hi

When I try and install Acronis Home it tells me that the installation was interrupted before it could be installed and to re-run the install....which fails as well everytime. There is no other error reported

I am running Vista and the Acronis version I am trying is from the Acronis web site and is the latest 10...anyone help ?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  2. topgazza

Anyone...?

My hard earned cash is about to be spent elsewhere.......

3. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

4. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

5. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

It wouldn't hurt to run chkdsk /r to check the integrity of the drive.

6. topgazza

Cheers guys...got it in the end. I cleared out the Temp folder but still no joy as it kept getting full when Vista Defender chundered into action so I stopped every single thing I could see that was running...cleared the temp folder again and away it went. All installed. Vista's Ok but its still early days and it took 2 years for XP to become less of a similar pain.

Now to try the cloning....

7. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

As you are using Vista, if you want to avoid future possible problems, do your Cloning and Backups from the bootable True Image CD. If somehow you had that bootable CD already made (I know you can't make it until you install TI - but it could have been made on another system, preferably a non-Vista one) then you wouldn't have had to stop running apps. It doesn't take much for TI to throw a fit.

8. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

This is not a problem running TI, this is a problem with the installation program. Running the recovery CD is not going to install TI.

F.

9. topgazza

Good tip on doing the cloning etc with a bootable CD, I note that the actual cloning, although it didn't produce a bootable hard drive, is done in a sort of safe mode...excellent idea.

(I think I missed a step as the clone looks ok but not boot deatils MBR? Again, on anothe rthread)

Many thanks for your advice guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.