Information needed

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by PeteN, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeteN

PeteN Registered Member

I am posting on behalf of one of our client's that are using NOD32 as their anti-virus. The client uses our software to transmit sensitive information to one of our FTP server. We have started to encouter a strange problem in that if the client submits a standerd text file, the file is recieved by the FTP server with no problems, however when submitting an encrypted file to the FTP Server, the first attempt always fails, ( 0 bytes recieved ) , yet the second attempt is recieved successfully. The software package our client uses to make the submissions has not been changed, modifyed or updated, and the same is applicable to our FP Servers.

I admit my knee jerk reaction is to point to anti virus as we get a lot of issues with Norton as it treats an encrypted file as a virus / worm. Im keen to know if any one has have a similar experance with NOD32 and if so can point me in the right direction to try and resolve thsi issue.

Thank you for any help in advance

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, welcome to Wilders.

If the client disables NOD32 does the issue remain?

Cheers :D

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@PeteN

I would suggest that you exclude the application (your software) from being scanned by both AMON and IMON .

You can also play with other settings of NOD32 .

When ready , push the new configuration file in the Mirror so that all clients get the new configuration . In max 1 hour they should have all connected to the Mirror and applied the new configuration file . You can try again after that .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.