Infected?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Comp01, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

I'm running a scan of my PC (Clean install of windows by the way, everything I have is clean on this PC, same installers and programs that I used for my last PC) anyways I was scanning with Dr. Web's CureIT program, it finds in one of my system restore folders (which I have system restore disabled so) 2 files and identifies as Trojan.Keylogger.1328, I can't copy the exact paths right now but its C:\System Volume Information\_restore - then one of the restore folders there, anyways, the two files are A0000231.dll and A0002408.exe, am I really infected with something? It also found unregmp2.exe as the same thing as well in C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\unregmp2.exe - I uploaded that file and nothing, I also have system restore disabled, so how?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It might be false positive of DrWeb , wrong alarm . Even if you had been infected , it is in the Restore point only , it is not active .

Perform free online scan with ESET Online scanner

1. Visit ESET online scanner's webpage http://www.eset.com/onlinescan
    2. Follow the instructions to start the scan and later approve the install of the required ActiveX Control (Internet Explorer required)
    3. After all files and updates are downloaded choose to "Remove found threats" and to scan for potentially unwanted/unsafe software
    4. Start the scan
    5. Revise the scan results afterwards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.