Incremental File Backup "Object Manager" Error 0x1000001

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by RDeckard, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RDeckard

RDeckard Registered Member

I am running a trial version of Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 Suite.

I've ran through the file backup wizard and backed up a whole bunch of files to a new .pfi archive located on another networked computer. This was successful.

Moments later I decided to try out the incremental file backup feature. I've changed none of the files that I have backed up. I right-clicked on the archive I just made, and selected "Incremental File Backup...". Immediately I saw an "Operation Failed" dialog box with the following text:

The OS is fully patched Windows XP Home SP3 32-bit. I am backing up to a networked computer running Windows 7 Ultimate x64, but that really shouldn't matter.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

RDeckard,

Incremental backup uses Windows built-in service Volume shadow copy for backup. As you have Windows XP Home, this service is absent, so Incremental and file backup will not work.

In this situation you can create differential backup. It uses Paragon Hot Processing instead of Volume Shadow Copy and should work correctly.

3. leicray

leicray Registered Member

I've had exactly the same error, but I'm running Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. Do I have to configure volume shadow copy, or does it run by default?

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Please try the following:
    1) Delte backup from archive database (do not deleteb files, pnly the entry)
    2) Click 'Add archive to database' and map backup folder as network drive via paragon product.
    3) Once archive added and destination = mapped drive, run Incremental backup.
    Make sure that in backup wizard archive destination is shown
    File Backup Wizard.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.