Increased system utilization in RSS v3.2.12918.5857-REL14

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Luciya, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luciya

Luciya Registered Member

I installed the trial and I'm seeing an increased load over time on all three system currently under test: 2 'real' computers and a VM.

The OS on all three is w2k3 32-bits, fully up to date. Before installing the load graph was flat, after installing small spikes started happening; during the day they went higher and after 24 hours left running without doing anything they are mega-spikes that top out at 100% for 5 seconds. Is this expected? What's going on? I definitely don't want to restart computers every 48 hours because they are at 100% all the time; this happens in all three machines.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello Luciya,
    Welcome to the forums :)

The first thing I would look at is the option to rescan following an update (Virus Guard > Settings > Advanced section). The next place to look is the suspicious behavior and potential malware data collection policy (Virus Guard > Settings > Data Collection Policy).

Try turning those off and let me know if this settles the use down to where it should be.

Mike

3. Luciya

Luciya Registered Member

Yes, it was enough to turn off collection. The 'rescan after an upgrade' doesn't seem to affect what I was seeing.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.