In the middle of a backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cygnus1, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cygnus1

cygnus1 Registered Member

Hello, I have been using Acronis 11 home. I am making a full back up on dvd-rw. I am on disk #9 when the disk pops out and Acronis says" Please insert the last volume of the multi volume back up archive"" "please insert the last media of the archive and press retry to continue" I am not sure, does it want the last disk I burned? does it want another blank disk? Of course this is my first time and I don't want to blow 5 hours of work right now. thanks

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  2. cygnus1

I found my answer .It was asking me to reinsert the disk I was just burning because I had chosen the option to verify my backup.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Let us know how it goes in about another five hours or so :) . You will be a champion juggler if you ever do a restore from nine DVDs.

There are experts here, or you can seek out the indirect method to create, verify, and restore using DVDs. This is aparently a lot faster and involves far fewer disk swaps.

Xpilot

4. cygnus1

You know I would love a better way to do this is someone has the time to explain it to me. (thanks Xpilot)! BTW it took 8 hours total.

5. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

The better way, by far, is to use an external hard drive. Then if you want the added protection of having the backup on dvd discs, burn the Image to the dvd discs afterwards. Of course this requires that you do a little pre-planning and make the backup to the hard drive in dvd sized chunks. Many here like to use a split size of 1492Mb (easy to remember if you're a history student). Three of these fit nicely on one dvd with very little waste.

It is also much faster creating the backup to an external hard drive.

6. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

I would concur with DwnNdrty about getting an external drive; and even another internal if you have room.

One scratch or weak burn spot can cause your entire backup set to be useless. It's either all good or it will not work.

A better way is another hard drive. Your time and materials is worth something. Pretty soon, you will find getting another drive is the smart thing to do!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.