Import a large list of IP to block

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Haran, Jun 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haran

Haran Guest

Hi all,
    I'm new here and I'm searching for a good firewall.
    I was really impressed by LnS but I've a question: Is it possible to automatically import a large list of ip to block from a text file?

TIA :)

2. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hi Haran,

no it isn't possible for now.

It would be possible by someone writing a plugin, but anyway the number of rules is limited to 100, and due to the number of range to block + personal rules,
    you wouldn't be able to add them all.

But I know on this forum people sharing rules already made about main range to block, someone will probably be able to post on this thread his rules ?

regards,

gkweb.

3. kamui

kamui Registered Member

4. Re: Firewall

Regarding firewall security I can help you with ISA Server and iptables. I am an expert and if you think you need me, visit http://www.xss.ro and ask for me. I think a good firewall keeps you away from problems even when your soft it full of bugs.

5. hojtsy

hojtsy Registered Member

Protowall claims to be able to run in tandem with any other firewall and can block a very big list of IP addresses. Anybody tried LnS together with Protowall ? Please tell your experiences.
    -hojtsy-

6. d_d

d_d Guest

"LnS together with Protowall" work perfectly !... try you will see ! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.