IMON - Outlook Express -> ERROR when trying to send digitally signed email

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by pia_luigi, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pia_luigi

pia_luigi Registered Member

Hi all.

I wonder if anybody has the same problem.

PROBLEM:
    After installing NOD32 v2.51.20 I can't send digitally signed emails from Outlook Express. The result is an Outlook Express internal error message.
    http://home.pia.si/anonymous/luigi/NOD32_signedEmail_error.gif

I found out that the problem is in module IMON - POP3. The only thing that helps, is turning OFF POP3 checking. But with that you get antivirus software that does not check you emails - what's the point than.
    I even try setting the compatibility in POP3 checking to LOW and it didn't help.

---------------------------------------------------------
    ESET, if you're reading this. My company purchased 10 licences. If this thing doesn't get resolved we will request a refund because of a malfunctioning product.
    Our local NOD32 support doesn't have a clue what's wrong and sugested using Outlook instead. Not an elegant solution - and a pricey one. Not an option!

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

I for one think that this is odd because IMON checks HTTP and POP3 - aren't you using SMTP to send with?
    IMON normally only checks incoming emails.

3. pia_luigi

pia_luigi Registered Member

That gave me an idea. I have uninstalled NOD32 and the problems persisted. Hmm, definitly something wrong with the Outlook itself.

SOLUTION:
    Remove the certificate you are using for signing emails and then install it again. Be sure to select HIGH level of security during the installation!!! I don't know wheather the problem was that previosly I had only MEDIUM level of security or it was just a random glitch. I definitly know one thing. Siging went off during the first installation of NOD32. Like installation of NOD itself broke something in Outlook Express.

Thanks for the tip anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.