IMON - Opera / Comaptibility / Passive mode issues

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by swoop, Jul 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swoop

swoop Registered Member

I'm testing the new beta of NOD32 (what a surprise!) an I've noticed that HTTP scan of IMON is not working with my Opera 7.52. Detected properly, set to higher efficiency but downloads go directly to Opera intead of being scanned by IMON. MS IE 6 and Mozilla 1.7.1 do work fine.

I have also noticed that Control Center forgets settings. I set all browsers (user agents) to higher efficiency and after while some of them are in higher compatibility mode. This might be done by NOD according to performance of those agents, fine. BUT I turned auto-passive mode OFF and after while it is ON again...

On the other hand excellent work guys... Keep going!

SWooP

2. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Using Opera 7.53 here - works as it should.

Ruben

3. swoop

swoop Registered Member

Updated to 7.53 - no change. The Control Center settings seems to be unchanged, though...

SWooP

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Has been working with my Opera 7.51 flawlessly for about 2 months. Have you tried downloading eicar.zip from the website www.eicar.org ?

5. swoop

swoop Registered Member

Sorry Marcos, I have to make my self more clear.
    The eicar file detection works fine. However, when I download larger file using Opera, the download is obviuosly done by Opera itself. Unlike with Mozilla (talking about the same file), which is waiting like - and I see in the left bottom corner of my desktop that nice NOD32 download window. Thus I assume certain level of incopatibility. Possibly it is working in passive mode or what...

6. tosbsas

What I see is the following:

doble click on a file to download - starts Nod
    right click - save file to - no nod involved

Ruben

7. owziee

owziee Registered Member

Same problem here.

WinXP Pro, SP1

Last edited: Jul 24, 2004
  8. tosbsas

Doesn't happen here

win2k sp4

9. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

When IMON detect that you're downloading a file with a certain size (about 2 megabytes) it switch to passive mode automatically, that you can't view the progress in IMON, but it doesn't mean that IMON isn't scanning the file. Look IMON settings.

10. swoop

swoop Registered Member

sir_carew:
    I turned off that 2MB passive mode asutoswitch. Often I download archive files larger than 2MB and wanna make use of active mode.

Marcos:
    Just booted my machine and all clients set to higher compatibility... Not that I have any problem with it, just reporting the BETA issue ;).
    Furtermore, I've noticed that active mode ("pre-download" by NOD32) works in some cases. During weekend while I was downloading some files I noticed that bottom-right-corner download window for few times. I'm little bit puzzled. Using Opera 7.53.

11. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

For the download progress window to appear, you need to have your browser set to work in Higher efficiency mode, download a larger file whilst having the auto-switch to passive mode option disabled.

12. swoop

swoop Registered Member

That is exactly the way I have it. However, sometimes (files 3MB+) download progress does not appear. I have just cable connection. So, it cannot be that fast that it will not appear...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.