Immunet Protect 2.0

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Pedersen, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

thanks Tony

2. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

Download and install went smoothly. Updating now. So far runs light.

3. alhuger

alhuger Registered Member

I am never sure how to respond to critiques like this but I'll give it a shot. We're not claiming to be a panacea, or a magical cure for malware or anything like that. We're a community based AV company with a community based product and a different way of looking at things. We're very small as a company and we work diligently to put out product that makes a difference.

This problem space is *huge* and there is plenty of room for everyone to improve because frankly everyone is failing. And I mean everyone. More people get infected a day from malware than any vendor cares to admit. I'd like to help change that if I can and so would every other guy here at Immunet. I suspect so would everyone here at Wilders. I think we can (together) do it, but I do not think any vendor in isolation can. It has not worked thus far and I have no reason to believe it will work in the future.

As for it not being a finished project, well I suppose that is true. I expect we will never be finished. Having said that I think what we have has strong quality for where it's at. All things could be better of course.

al

4. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

Well said Al! We applaud what you ad your group are trying to do.

5. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

Al, I'm not a critic, just an outsider with s view a little different to what I hear or what your maybe used to hearing on here.

I speak what I see, with no loyalty to any company or persons.

I do hope very much that you are successful in what you wish to achieve, but I'm not fooled by what I see, maybe fooled is the wrong word but you shouldn't take much comments on here as true thoughts and feelings for your product, people tend to change their views on here very quickly and doubt many have actually looked into your product much, other than a few links from mdl which vendors are now wise to for easy public testing.

A sample in the wild and not in your cloud shows me a lack of a new ingenious technology to detect, but I'm sure it will mature more as time goes on.
    Like I said, I have no reason to dislike you or the software, and I certainly do not, I'm not here for that type of confrontation, I speak merely from what I see for myself, my own views.

6. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

In fairness to them, that could be true for other vendors too.

I think we can all agree there's nothing earth shatteringly new here; they are new to the cloud arena and by their own admission, they are small compared to other vendors. They do have a bit to catch up with, but, as you say, I'm sure they will in time as they mature and gain more users in their community.

7. clocks

clocks Registered Member

8. the dummy

the dummy Registered Member

If there's an ethics issue then make the case. Otherwise there is no need start a kerfuffle and poo-poo all over it. Please pardon my french, the dummy has spoken.

9. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I was afraid the Pro version would be a lot heavier than the free version, but it is currently at 3meg on my machine. :thumb:

10. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I just installed my Pro version and its much lighter than I expected even after having configured it.

11. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

I have two suggestions.
    1. They should provide a trial version of the Pro. Otherwise how one can know the effectiveness of Tetra Engine...?
    2. There should be a switch to turn off/on the security center integration (like Threatfire). Because I don't like my security center shows multiple AV is installed, for it is a companion AV in the Free version.

12. webster

webster Registered Member

Al, do you have anything to say about why you added the Ask toolbar? Is it really necessary when you have a paid version? As you can see, you`re on display in "Installers Hall of Shame", so you will probably not get a lot of support by the security communities.

13. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Yes... may are highlighting this as an issue because in a community there are many users who are less computer literate. Atleast make the option unchecked by default.

14. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

I agree with you...

I would like to point out some of my small views here, i am sure it would be taken positively..

1. First of all why ASK toolbar has been added?

2. Secondly there should be trial version for Pro Edition. You can atleast provide a universal 15 Days or 30 Days license key to everyone, so that your potential users can test it.

3. As far as detection rate is concerned, i have not tested it with many malware. But i have saw that it was only able to detect 17/41 (Yesterday) Rogue AV's which i have collected during 1st June to 17 June 2010 from various known shady sources.

4. Against rootkits, i have found that it was not able to detect many of them.

5. Protection Exclusion should not be there in main window. You can make a separate optional window for it. But i do appreciate that it was there by default and this will really help many novice users.

This my first experience with final version..and to be very honest i was really disappointed. Even i have found that nomenclature used for many viruses are almost same. User won't be able to get from which virus it got infected. May be it was not the important thing but for me it was..Because i have every right to know what it actually detecting and what action has been taken on it....

As far as memory usage and CPU usage is concerned it was fair low, but during full system scan it still touching 50 MB and 50% CPU usage on a single core system...

All in all its BELOW AVERAGE...

15. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Al, I would say I've something similar to the view that PC__Gamer has, and referring to the quote above, I think you're one of the most LITERALLY professional employees I've ever seen. I can honestly say I've not seen such an honest response to a review many times, if ever. You look at the criticism and respond directly to it - no sort of beautifying or even total ignorance like some other companies.

THAT is something I respect greatly, and I literally give you two thumbs up for this kind of professionalism. :thumb: :thumb:

16. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

17. guest

guest Guest

The add is not annoying at all (it's integrated in the interface, can be hide and only appears when you open Immunet once time per computer boot) and the ask bar can be disable during the installation.
    I dont see where is the problem, we are talking about a FREE product maybe better than MBAM or superantispyware.

18. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Hello Al,

I am pretty surprised PC MAG posted a review on Immunet 2.0 Free so fast (within hours of Immunet 2.0 launch?).

I am confident Immunet will improve & become better over time. :thumb:

If you need beta testers for future versions (or is the existing beta testing still ongoing?), I would definitely like to participate. :)

Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  19. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

20. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

I couldn't disable it during the installation. Sorry guys, this behavior from an antivirus company is way too bad. I won't use this product anymore. Now i have to clean my computer from ask toolbar and immunet.:mad:

21. Pedersen

Pedersen Registered Member

Wow you guys have a lot of questions, i like that. If any of you need anything you are welcome to mail me at pedersen@immunet.com
    Avinash did actually asked some great questions and I will try to answerer best possible..

Immunet is a small low-budget company with an estimate income on 2m (if i remember correct) and those money are not enough to cover every detail of the program. Therefore ASK toolbar have been included to cover some of the expenses we got.

Great idea! we will look into it very soon. If any of you need trial right now, pm or mail me to get a 7 days pro key.

Can i get you to test again? I like to see how many it detects today. Did you install or just copy the executions to the desktop?

Will be improved with time, cant say anything else.

You are right ;)

Noticed, We are happy that you are honest. Regarding to the PC mag test we are a bit annoyed that he test the free product as a full AV and not the paid version but we stand by the result and accept it instead of denying everything. We know we still need to improve the product and it is here we needs your help and points of view. We are community based and more users mean better protection. So thanks wilder members you are truly indispensable...

Glad to here it still is light and fast.. ;)

22. Pedersen

Pedersen Registered Member

What happened Narxis? why couldn't you disable the installation of ask? use revo to uninstall ASK and then you should be fine.

23. guest

guest Guest

You could, but you didn't, if you have installed ask bar is because you allowed it. You can always only unistall ask bar.

24. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Really? Were having issues with a toolbar and search engine that you can tick off during install? Even if it does install, your honestly telling me that as a member of a AV/AM/security forum, you don't know how to easily uninstall it? I made the same mistake when I installed it the first time. Of course it didn't take me long to change my search engine back and ditch that toolbar. This complaint smells similar to the Avast nag screen issue.

25. gery

gery Registered Member

the same here :thumbd: :thumbd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.