Immunet invitation link

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by cruchot, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cruchot

cruchot Registered Member

The link http://ws.immunet.com/accept_invite/... send with the Immunet invitation mail, is it always the same for my account or is it a different in every mail?

The reason for my question: is it possible to send mails manually and/or place a link on my website to invite people to my community? This is possible only if the link is the same all the time.

2. guest

guest Guest

Sorry, I can't answer your question. - But I do really wonder why someone would invite people to use Immunet? And that's because - if I remember right - when I tested this software a few weeks ago I had already in the first seconds (!) of the first scan so many false positives that I stopped this and immediately uninstalled this bloody scareware which in my opinion is much (!) worse regarding fp's than even Prevx. :D - So I guess what I maybe want to tell you is: please do yourself a favor and only invite (if at all!) your worst enemies, under no circumstances your best friends to Immunet. :D - But it's your decision of course. ;)

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I agree!

Any and all users of Immunet are automatically members of the ENTIRE community of Immunet users. Any lesser arrangement of smaller "personal communities" would be asinine.

The "My Community" aspect of Immunet is solely a company gimmick to get users to advertise Immunet & solicit friends to use it. "My Community" has zero value, as such. This blatant trickery is a main reason why I shall not use Immunet.

4. cruchot

Had no false positives so far (all internal engines + ClamAV enabled). Immunet is inexpensive and, very important to me, the system is still blazing fast by installing it.
    Panda Cloud AV for example is much heavier on this and still has some major usability issues.

5. bellgamin

One reason for Panda's "heaviness" is that Panda -- although its sigs are "in the cloud" -- uses a very powerful behavior blocker which is resident/real-time (NOT cloud-based).

AFAIK, Immunet has no resident behavior blocker. Ergo, Immunet is faster because it is doing a less thorough check for zero-day. Running Immunet PLUS Mamutu would be comparable to running Panda Cloud AV.

6. cruchot

I don't know it's excapt name right now, but the Panda Cloud AV 1.5 process pb*host uses a lot of CPU resources. AFAIK its also called Background service or something like this.

But the main reason I don't like PCAV, it 1) removes files without user decision (a major usability issue), 2) the appropriate info balloon tip just removes without approving it by clicking a button like "OK" in it. Both are a real no-go.

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

BG is right, as he normally is.;) :thumb:

8. bellgamin

I do not like PCAV either, for the same reasons that you have given. I was only pointing out one reason why PCAV runs heavier that Immunet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.