Imaging speed?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by basje1, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basje1

basje1 Registered Member

Hoi,

when i use the Imaging under windows
    I found out that the time needed to created a full image
    takes just as long as creating a incrementall image.
    Is normall?
    becouse I thought since incrementall imaging only changes the sectors that are changes and not all the ather sectord?

Greeting Bas de Rijck.

2. Ed Y

Ed Y Registered Member

It's telling you that sectors have changed. If you do a "defrag" after creating the full image, the next incremental will be fairly large depending on how much changing was done during defrag.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello basje1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

The situation is normal. It results from the fact that Acronis True Image has to choose which sectors are changed and which are not. We also recommend that you use the same compression ratio for the full and all the subsequent incremental images.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. Mascot

Mascot Registered Member

I guess Norton's found a better way to do this with Ghost. Unfortunately, I might add (I loath Norton products' bloat).

On the same drive, with the same amount of changes, Acronis spends 20+ minutes on the same incremental (that ends up almost to the byte the same size) that Norton spends roughly 30 seconds on.

That's a speed difference too huge to ignore if one just wants to do a quick incremental prior to installing something, for example. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.