imaging a windows SBS 2003

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 4johnny, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4johnny

4johnny Registered Member

So I am thinking about purchasing the acronis server imaging product to image the server in my small office. The server is a domain controller and runs exchange2003.

I would be runnning this off-hours, but is it OK to make an image while everything is running or do i need to shut down any services or exchange?

Is it a viable backup solution that I could run every night? I would probably only do it once a week or once a month.

My goal is that if the OS ever gets corrupted or the hard drive fails, I can re-load the last image and be back up and running in a matter of hours.

Thanks,

John

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. 4johnny

4johnny Registered Member

Hey thanks,

Looks like it is possible, however these threads are a bit old. I don't have to worry about multiple domain controllers and replication. All I have is a SBS2003 server that runs exchange for about 12 employees. Does the current version 9.1 support imaging this system and do i need to stop services as was previously required. additionally, can I make the image while still in the windows environment or do i need to boot into a dos version where the system is offline?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 4johnny,

The image can be created from within Windows. Regarding the need to stop the services, it depends of the type of database and operating system. Please read chapter 5.3.4 "Database support" of the respective User's Guide for details and instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.