Images won't verify

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NickTI, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickTI

NickTI Registered Member

Hi

I'm using True Image 10 with Vista Ultimate on the following PC:

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Extreme QX6850 Quad Core Processor(3.0GHz,8MB Cache,1333MHz)
    ASUS P5W DH Deluxe - Intel® 975X Chipset- Core™ 2 Duo - ATX

I have two 500GB internal drives and have tried imaging 'C' to the other internal drive, an external USB disk and a network share but the images won't verify or restore.

The actual error during verify is:

Operation with partition "0-0" was terminated Image corrupted (0x70020) Tag=0x82DB9339B70C3AFC

This happens with every image I create and every partition that I image.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello NickTI,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please download and install the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

If the problem is not eliminated by installing the latest build of the product we strongly recommend you to make sure that the memory modules of your machine are not corrupt as this can be the reason of the issue. Please download one of the archives depending on what media type you are going to use:

- diskette http://www.memtest.org/download/1.70/memtest86 -1.70.floppy.zip
    - USB Flash drive http://www.memtest.org/download/1.70/memtest86 -1.70.exe.zip
    - CD http://www.memtest.org/download/1.70/memtest86 -1.70.iso.zip

Unpack the archive and create bootable media with the test. Instructions on how to do it can be found in README.txt in the same archive. After that boot your PC from the media, memtest will start automatically. When it is 100% completed, create a digital photo of the screen and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I'm curious:

Why does ATI have to be more sensitive to memory than any other program out there? People have absolutely no problem running their machines, not even other brands of backup software, and yet when they can't get ATI to validate the archives it makes, bad memory is often suggested as a likely reason. Is it that ATI handles memory errors more poorly than other software, or doesn't attempt enough rereads/rewrites when necessary as it makes the backups?

4. gud4u

gud4u Registered Member

I'd suggest you try the drive diagnostic offered by the maker of your hard drive.

The only time I've experienced repeated failures of validation on a backup archive were due to HD problems. The drive booted into Windows perfectly every time with no symptoms of problems, but validation of the system partion backup archive failed consistently.

In my case the drive was a WD drive, and Western Digital WDDIAG diagnostic found and repaired a faulty read/write location in the system partition area on the drive. Backup/Validation/Restore operations functioned perfectly after that repair.

This is not TI-related at all, since I was using a Terabyte product for backup/restore operations at that time.

Hope this helps!

5. NickTI

NickTI Registered Member

Hi

I have some more information that you may find VERY useful:

1. Chkdsk ran without problems. The disks were freshly formatted so I knew this not to be a problem.

2. I ran memtest86+ and the Windows Vista memory checker both completed without problems.

3. I loaded EasyBCD to modify the Vista boot options. One of the advanced settings enables you to limit the max number of processors available to Vista. If I limit the max number to 1 or 2 processors True Image WORKS!!!!. If I remove the limit then it fails as before.

I did more research, because I'm not convinced that Vista is stable with four CPU cores and found this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936357

Vista and XP are unstable with multicore processors :eek:

I tried to install the microcode update but it refused to install on my system for some reason.

Any comments?

Kind Regards

Nick

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

This issue was already reported to our Development Team and they're investigating it. You can use Acronis Bootable Rescue Media to validate the backups or limit the max numbers of cores used by Vista to 2 processors until this issue will be fixed.

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.