Image vs System State?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lubedkoala, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lubedkoala

lubedkoala Registered Member

If I create an image with Acronis, will it include everything the System State command would?

Will the image contain all programs, settings, drivers, etc? I want to know if the image will return my computer to the exact state I left it in (or the last time the image was updated)

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Yes, if you make an image of the entire hard drive, you will get everything back when you restore that image.

The System State backup is a subset of the full image.

You need to check that you can boot your computer from the Rescue CD or flash drive and see all your hard drives. You should also validate the backup image while booted from the Rescue drive.

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

When creating a disk image backup which is an image of everything on your disk including all partitions--both visible and hidden, you can restore your system completely even to a new larger blank drive. Notice, I wrote disk image. The backup options gives you the opportunity to checkmark the entire disk (all partitions) or single partitions. I am referring to checkmarking the disk so as to include everything. This backup file will be about 70% of your used space and should be stored on a disk other than your system disk---such as an external or network or another internal.

Since you are new, a good place to start would be my guides listed on line 2 of my signature. These are not for the most current version (2009) but the concept is the same.

Note: The system state command does not include everything you need to make a disk bootable. It is very similar to the normal Windows System Restore. Many of the regular users of TrueImage consider the system state function a very non-essential option. If you create a partition or disk backup, these two type backups include everything you need to completely restore your system partition should you get a virus, etc.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.