image splitting

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by scaa, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scaa

scaa Registered Member

o_O I recently created an image on my hard disk to be copied to CD which was about 6GB. Acronis automatically split it into two files. How can I copy these files properly to CD using cd writer? o_O

2. mangray

mangray Registered Member

Hi

Split the files manuel, works great!

nice day
    mangray

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello scaa,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that there are two ways to burn your images to CDs:

- Burn them to CDs directly letting Acronis True Image 8.0 to split the image archive automatically;

- Create image archive on local or network hard drives specifying the image archive split size (650MB or 700MB, depending on the media capacity) and burn them to CDs later.

Please read more on how to manually specify the image archive split size in section 4.4 of Acronis True Image 8.0 User's Guide.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. scaa

scaa Registered Member

I have read the manual. What I had tried to let you know is that I did not specify any fixed size nor set it to automatic splitting. Acronis automatically split the image file into 2 files, one around 4GB and the other around 2 GB.
    My question was-how do I backup these two files to CD?
    :'(

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello scaa,

You must have created an image to a FAT32 drive/partition. FAT32 has an inherent 4GB max file size limitation therefore, by default, TI will have split the image accordingly.

Now for the bad news (don't shoot the messenger!!) - You can't split an image into CD (or DVD) sized chunks retrospectively. As Alexey said, you will need to create a new image but this time select the "Fixed size. Please specify the size:" option and choose your preference from the dropdown menu.

Regards

6. scaa

scaa Registered Member

Thanks for your help. Yes , my partition /drive is FAT 32. I better delete these images and create fresh ones after splitting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.