ihavenet.com redirects - is it a virus?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by cunparis, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cunparis

cunparis Registered Member

One of my computers is infected with something that is redirecting google searches to a website ihavenet.com. I ran a scan but nod32 doesn't detect anything. I've used a malware scanner and it didn't find anything either. Searching google doesn't give clear instructions for removing this.

Is this something ESET is aware of? Will nod32 be able to detect and clean it?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. cunparis

rogue app tool doesn't detect it. regular nod32 doesn't detect it. malware scanner doesn't detect it. the windows resource protection scanner found problems but couldn't repair them all.

My task manager doesn't work properly. this virus/trojan is serious. nothing can detect it.

I think I'll have to do a repair from the windows boot DVD.

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest generating a SysInspector log (Start menu -> Programs -> ESET -> ESET NOD32 Antivirus -> ESET SysInspector) and emailing it it to the ESET malware research lab as per the instructions here.

6. cunparis

I couldn't get most of those steps to work and I found the exact same steps and text on multiple sites so I 'm suspicious of it.

I restored a 3 week old backup of windows and will see if it's virus free. and pay attention going forward.

thank goodness for macrium reflect and backups and putting windows on separate partition. made this easy.. :)

7. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi cunparis
    You can always check a link to pages [sites] with VirusTotal, by right clicking the [a] link and selecting > copy link location and pasting it in the Scan a URL link on the VirusTotal page for it to check.

Take Care
    TheQuest :cool:

8. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.