IF ONLY...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dj9866, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dj9866

dj9866 Registered Member

If only I had perused this forum before purchasing ATI 9, perhaps I would have gone a different direction.

The product is esthically pleasing to the eye and appears to clone and create image files without problem. At least the image file check process indicates that the files are not corrupt.

Now, on to the restore process. I have worked on computer hardware since 1969 and have never seen anything as inconsistent as the restore process! At least on the hardware that I am using, the restore process will normally hang. It has varied anywhere from 1.5 minutes to nearly 30 minutes. I have positioned the hdd with the Secure Zone so that I can see the activity led that is on the drive logic board. Once the indicator ceases to show steady activity, it will be pulsed every 30 seconds. At that point the process is hung. When the restore process starts, if the 'remaining time' jumps to approximately 50 minutes, it's almost guaranteed that the process will hang. Yesterday, the one time that was successful out of many attempts, the time started at 19 minutes and was finished with 15 minutes to raid0 setup.

All attempts are with the same image file and on the same hardware. Which is:
    Asus A8V Deluxe motherboard with AMD64 X2 4.2 gigahertz
    Two Hitachi 80 GB SATA drives running on the VIA chip...
    have used individual drives, raid0 and raid1 numerous times
    Maxtor 80 GB IDE drive used to store image file

Has anyone experienced this sort of operation...or lack of?

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

2. noonie

noonie Registered Member

I assume you made good images using the windows version. Your problem most likly exists because upon restoring Ti reboots to Linux (same as booting with the Ti boot cd) and quite probably your relatively new hardware is not fully supported with Ti's drivers.

1 You can wait for Acromis's canned responses and send them the reports which gives them your detailed hardware and driver failure info

or

2 You can search the forums and on the latest Bart cd info which, if Ti works in your windows, should solve your restores.

I had a problem with a new raid last year and they gave me an iso that had the updates I needed.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dj9866,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please create the bootable rescue media with the latest build, boot your computer from it and try to restore an image.

If the problems still persists, please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet acpi=off noapic , click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

If that does not help, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. dj9866

dj9866 Registered Member

Noonie, thank you for your guidance. Your suggestion is allowing me to dig my way out of this really deep hole that I have fallen into.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.