IE7 issues

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by pvsurfer, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Upon installing IE7, I noticed that it lost my home page and my IE6 Favorites! Certainly I can reconstruct them, but what gives with that? :blink:

Question: I prefer using IE6 (with Maxthon), so if I choose to uninstall IE7 will that automatically result in IE6 being re-enabled?

2. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Well...speaking for myself.....I wasn't too impressed with IE 7 either, so I just uninstalled and I was back with IE6 with everything still intact....:D

I suppose maybe, 'Restore' would be your safest route if your worried...

Cochise.

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I had problems with IE7 in that I could not access my start menu. On the net IE7 worked fine, though. So I just went back to IE6 and downloaded the windows live toolbar which can add tabbed browsing to IE6. That helped. Also the live toolbar can have an addition which allows you to scan your computer for viruses, spyware, reg cleaner, disk cleanup, disk defrag and scan for open ports. This scan is free and I believe the scan is done by the same engines as Windows Onecare. I was looking for a stand alone #2 antivirus as well as spyware cleaner and this seemed to fit the bill perfectly. Now I can just set to scan and leave when I want such a thing.

4. attila4000

attila4000 Registered Member

everything installed nicely for me. did you install it through ms update or download the seperate ie7.exe file from the ms download site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.