IE6 Not working properly

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by thatguyjeff, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatguyjeff

thatguyjeff Registered Member

Or I should say it's probably working exactly the way I told it to. But now I can't change it back. I installed spyware blaster recently and enabled all the default protections. I found it too limiting and couldn't access web based email. I've tried disabling it, messing with the settings, and have even uninstalled it. I've reset IE6 settings all back to their defaults. Pages are still not displaying properly.

I even thought of resinstalling IE6 but it the plug-in dealie gets blocked when I try to do that. I can't even download a new browser. Someone please help. I just want my browser back the way it was.
    Thanks.
    Jeff

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, it's going to be hard to help without knowing exactly what happened, but the first question is - are you sure you disabled SpywareBlaster's protections prior to uninstalling? If not, uninstalling the application makes no difference. The protective settings could still be there.

Since it isn't working anyway, reinstall SpywareBlaster and run it to see if any protections are set and we can go from there.

3. thatguyjeff

That's going to be a problem because I can't download it. I click any download links and I get the old 403. Can you please email it to me?

Thanks.

email edited to prevent erant e-mails. SB zip file sent==bigc

Last edited: Jun 18, 2004
  4. thatguyjeff

Okay, wait, nevermind the email. I have it reinstalled now.

It still had the "snapshot" from before I enabled anything when I originally installed it. I restored to the snapshot. Disabled everything. Still not displaying properly, particulary flash stuff. I've unchecked the flash killer box but flash still won't work.

5. LowWaterMark

Well, a couple things... First, are you sure you can receive 2MB+ files in email and second, have you tried to download any files from email since this problem started?

Second, what other security software are you running? Firewall? Scanners? etc. We seen similar errors and they were actually cuased by people's other security software - recently.

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I did send a zip file of SB to him and it responded sent sucessfully. Maybe a fresh install will work better.

7. thatguyjeff

Thanks for the help so far, and I did get the email. I did do the fresh install. We must have been posting at the same time (see my previous post).

Most everything is now working again except the flash stuff. I do have zone alarm pro and norton running but I did already try disabling those to see if that was the problem and still no flash video. I gotta get my Homestarrunner fix!

And I've tried unchecking the flash killer box, still no flash.

8. LowWaterMark

9. bigc73542

You might try downloading the latest version of flash player here

10. thatguyjeff

Wooo Hoo! I think that did it. Is that what the flashkiller does, uninstall the player? I never would have thought of that.

And thanks so much for the speedy responses. That's top notch service.

Spyware Blaster may not have been for me but you guys still made me feel like my issue was important to you. That's big.

Yay! I can go to bed now, after I watch the new Strongbad email.

11. bigc73542

All problems that the members have are important to us. That is what we do, I am glad that fixed it.

12. MCT

MCT Registered Member

since u know its only the flash player, why not just enable all protections via spyware blaster (it doesnt enabled the flash killer) it enabled activex,restricted sites & cookies

that would keep u safe, even without the flash killer

regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.