IE6 heartache

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by aussiecris, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussiecris

aussiecris Registered Member

Hi there, My IE6 keeps throwing the "explorer has encountered errors and will be closed etc" message ever since last week. The only things new that day (that I thought were strange) were - The latest microsoft upgrade and the Ewido message for subscription renewal (which I have done). The odd thing was that the the internet setup wizard showed up when I tried to click through to your site for renewal. I have scanned with your scanner, counter spy, spy sweeper, trend security 2006, and had a look with jv16 powertools..any ideas Cheers Cris:oops:

2. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

Did you try the "Send report" button when you got the error? Somtimes you can get a link to a Microsoft web page that has the solution for your problem. Also try looking in the "Event Viewer" (Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools) for the error and you might see more info about what file that may have caused this error. I'm guessing there might be a browser add-on that needs to be updated (old/incompatible with your current Internet Explorer version)?

3. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

One thing I can tell you, is that the latest windows update did add a patch to IE, which added new components to it.

This is most unlikely to be an ewido problem.

Maybe your Windows update got corrupted, go here (with Active X enabled) and see if you need to D/L anything else; you can also check the 'Review your update history' section to see if updates were applied successfully:-

http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

4. ericfr

ericfr Registered Member

Hi,

There is a known issue with latest cumulative IE-patch when running XPSP1,
    if that's your case....,you can get a hotfix from MS.

HTH
    ericfr

EDIT: Link to MS' article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923762/en-us

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.