IE10 for Win 7

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by The Hammer, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Heh heh good one:D :cool:

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

That's my understanding, judging by what I've been reading.

To make it worse, AppContainer is a Windows Mandatory Integrity Control (WMIC) label that's only present in Windows 8. Meaning that Windows Vista and 7 users won't see any security enhancements in IE10, unless they do what I previously mentioned - run renderer processes with an Untrusted label. I doubt it will happen, though, otherwise I think we'd see it in the Windows 8 version as well. Too bad.

3. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

I'll give them credit where it's due for building Flash into the browser. However, even that step forward in the right direction will rely on how Microsoft handles updates. The way I understand it, Chrome gets patches to Flash before Adobe even puts out patches for the plugin to the rest of users. That is how MS needs to handle it, not "Patch Tuesdays" or anything like it.

Unfortunately, seeing as how I have no plans to update to Windows 8 for a long time, I don't see any real reason to use IE 10. The updated security isn't there, the updated speed won't be there likely, and I can spell usually just fine.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I run IE 9 exclusively and Will probably do the same with 10.

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

I generally do use IE only as well with a few exceptions and will continue doing same with IE 10. You are not alone ;)

6. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Vista is not getting IE10.

7. m00nbl00d

Yes, you're correct. :D :thumb:

8. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Not that it matters. Anyone still on Vista is probably using Chrome or Firefox by now anyway. I wonder at what point Microsoft will realize they dropped the ball on IE. I am not a Microsoft hater by any means, but they really have made no effort to keep up.

9. m00nbl00d

I agree. I thought that with the arrival of IE9 things were going to change, but I was wrong.

10. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Just out of curiousity, will IE10 give you choices for themes like FF and Chrome?:)

11. encus

encus Registered Member

I've lost my faith in IE.

12. encus

encus Registered Member

Very little possibility, but just keep your finger crossed ;)

13. rebelscum0000

rebelscum0000 Registered Member

If I can not disable the IE9 default download manager, which download manager do you suggest me?

14. encus

encus Registered Member

Free Download Manager.

15. rebelscum0000

rebelscum0000 Registered Member

Thank you

Can I have Free Download Manager and GetRight for my Downloads or I will create a mess?

16. encus

encus Registered Member

Just pick one to avoid conflict.

17. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

It is strange that at a time when alternative browsers such as Chrome,FF and Opera are pushing ahead with development and innovation at breakneck speed IE is dawdling along as slowly as ever.:doubt:

18. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Honestly it isn't when you sit back and think about all they're doing right now. They're pushing Windows 8 as hard as they can, trying to get their feet into the tablet market and praying they'll succeed with Surface. They're less concerned about making IE 10 "special" than they are about making darn sure it works well with their new projects. I predict Windows 7 users aren't going to give much of a damn since it offers practically nothing new to them, and it will see a temporary surge in use on Windows 8 because, well, it's just there.

As to the continuing innovation of other browsers, I'd argue that there hasn't been all that much more innovation there either. Think about it, what have other browsers done besides copy the UI (or lack thereof) of Chrome? No one has really even done much more copying beyond that, certainly not in a security sense. When you get right down to it, the blank UI and security changes is all that Chrome really brought to the table. The rest has been mostly Google pet ideas and projects such as SPDY (which outside of Google websites, no one is really implementing). Opera did the most non-security related innovating with widgets, built in torrent client and Unite..2 of 3 innovations now removed in the latest Opera. Outside of changing the Internet as a whole such as SPDY, HTML5 (which is equally not much used yet), there isn't much more innovating in my opinion for browsers to do.

19. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Always one wanting to avoid threads that involve comments that involve Browser Wars. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.