IE question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by kdm31091, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

IE 7 is too slow for me right now (has been through all the betas and this RC1). If I go back to IE6 (w/ SP2), is it safe enough to keep there? I have Spyware Blaster, and I've implemented IE-SPYAD. Is IE6 safe enough?

Also, is Microsoft going to to force IE7 or can we "ignore" the update (on the Windows Update list) when it comes?
  2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

With the precautions you've taken IE6 is safe enough.
  4. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

Hi kdm,
    I have the same problem has you with IE7 RC1, and thinking of going back to IE6. have you had any problems installing IE6 again.It says on the microsoft download page that IE6 is for pre-windows SP2.
    BC.
  5. kdm31091

You don't need to reinstall IE6. The Microsoft download says that since it's pre SP2.

When you uninstall IE7, IE6 restores. Usually the IE7 icons stay in place but just hit "Change Icon" to go back to the old ones.

I found if you uninstall/reinstall more then once, it tends to be screwy.
  6. Badcompany

Thanks for the info, much appreicated.
    Badcompany.
  7. kdm31091

No problem.

I did ONE last try of IE7. I guess it runs fine now. I'll keep it, even though there are some things I liked better in IE6. Namely, you could move the toolbars around to your heart's content.
  8. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

I noticed that. Yet another thing that I liked in IE6 but can't do in IE7 RC1 is to create a homepage consisting of my 'favicons'. I really miss that. :doubt:
  9. Badcompany

I have IE6 up and running again, some of my program would not work with IE7 Spy Sweeper & Window Washer.I see you have Comodo FW & Antivir do they work well together.
    Badcompany.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.