IE 7 Goin Nutzo!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by maddawgz, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Hi everyone i need help before i go mad after 3 days.. My ie 7 is giving me grief..yesterday it was yahoo and still is, i cant get the graphics colour to show toolbar above the area you write?, it just blank and when i log into mail sometimes it says cannot detect browser or something but i can get into mail normally, the link here is what my compose looks like and ive gone into settings....and ticked unticked in general options yahoo... here is pic?

http://i28.tinypic.com/dw6o8g.jpg

Now today My hotmail decides it wants to play up too
    sayz!!!!!!!!!
    Please enable cookies.

In order to use Windows Live Hotmail, please set your browser to enable cookies. The following instructions will only allow cookies for Windows Live websites. Otherwise, you will have the same level of privacy protection as before.

Between both emails i think something is wrong with IE7 and cookies ive gone into IE7 cleard cookies used ccleaner i just wanna scream atm..... cuz today now its hotmail and Firefox is the only one that works ok

Attached Files:

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Have you done spyware/malware/virus scans?

3. maddawgz

yes all clean o_O when i click email tab on messenger i can see it load slow then up comes screen cookies

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  4. Dark Shadow

have you tried reset internet explorer.go to control panel-internet option -advanced tab- look for reset this will delete temp internet files,add ons and reset changed settings.

5. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

We can't have another crazy Aussie in this world :D

Did you try to reset IE7 in the Advanced tab in Internet Options? I don't see anything out there yet for repairing 7 like you could do the older versions.

EDIT: djohn beat me to it, lol.

6. maddawgz

lol yes i reset the whole browser settings and still nothing? 3days been at it :rolleyes:

this is my yahoo compose area , no format bar its like something is stopping it

http://i27.tinypic.com/5byzjr.jpg

i had ad muncher on now ive disabled that its not that either , only thing i did recent was update spywareblaster to 4.0, i get up this morning and hotmail starts on me arghhhh, i even tried the all new mail in yahoo new version and i get this message hmmmmmmm, oh and when i went to yahoo to try there toolbar i had another message We're sorry. This version of Yahoo! Toolbar requires Windows 2000 or later. It will not work on your system.

running vista ultimate

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  7. Dark Shadow

I figured you did all this but asked just in case under the going nutzo it was overlooked.sorry could not be of help.

8. maddawgz

yes thanks anyhow , just dont understand why its not working ill keep at it :doubt:

9. midway40

I am at loss here as well. Maybe trying a system restore back to before the weirdness started is worth a try. I have a feeling that there is a common denominator here but it escapes me at the moment. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable or came across this particular malady before and fixed it will see this thread.

Just hang on to your sanity a little while longer :)

10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I had to Uninstall IE7 momentarily restoring IE6, then reinstalling IE7 again to flush out whatever was causing considerable slowdowns just accessing a single webpage for a client who came to me for help. It was terrible, and unrelentingingly slow as molasses. Bear in mind though plz, this happened after a malware infection, not a bad one, but a infection nonetheless.

Yours may be a simple result of IE7 corruption of one or more of it's supporting files.

It's worth a try, in cases like yours and others, it's a process of elimination, could be almost anything but for sure if a reinstall doesn't restore complete functionality i would seriously say theres something else at play there.

EASTER

11. maddawgz

thanks restore didnt work how do i uninstall IE 7 from vista? and re-enstall it, i dont see IE7 in add/remove in vista should it be?

12. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I don't use IE 7, but what is the security setting of your browser? I use IE 6 with a Medium setting and have never had an issue accessing Hotmail. I do have problems accessing Excite mail (same cookie window message that you have) because they require you to accept all cookies. So I have to adjust the browser settings in order to read the email from that mail server. :mad:

13. midway40

Unfortunately IE7 is embedded into Vista like IE6 is with XP so you cannot reinstall IE7.

Something else you may try is to open an elevated command window (click start orb> All Programs>Accessories>right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator. In the window type:

sfc /scannow

This will verify and repair if necessary Windows system files which includes IE7. Unfortunately you will lose all your updates and will have to download them again.

14. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  15. maddawgz

thanks trying that now that's ok dont mind loosing updates? you mean IE one right not SP1?cannot belive this is all for stupid cookies spyware is easier arghh ill get there , i cannot see a windows internet explorer in c/programs or add/remove in vista unless its hidden ......:blink:

update
    said windows resource protection found corrupt files and repaird them? now what

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  16. midway40

I haven't yet run that command with Vista but I have ran it a couple of times in XP in which the system files are restored to originals. As far as SP1 is concerned, you may lose it as well as it compares files and replaces them from the installation CD (or a hidden recovery partition). I just read about someone fixing their WMP (also embedded into Vista) using this method.

17. midway40

Reboot and see if it fixed the problem. Also check to see if SP1 is still installed.

18. GroomLake

GroomLake Registered Member

I cannot believe what I’m reading. Why didn’t you have and image of your OS disk. That way you could have restored it back to a known good state. Around here we are constantly experimenting with the operating system and writing interfaces and such but never worry about the consequences because we just restore the OS back to a good state if we blow it.

Everyone should have an image of their OS and backups of their user data. Think of it like this. What would I do if my computer disappears? What would I do if my OS is no longer usable?

19. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Pfffftttt! Way to go MS, keep up the incredible welding of componants so that Vista users can really get their money's worth of AGGRAVATION :thumbd:

A sign of more bad things to come from such engenious minds. :ouch:

20. maddawgz

i did have image and did restore image that's when this happend?...... of external drive i have image on discs too but that's 6months back yes i tried it and it fixed it but i lost to much stuff..so went back to me 3day old image? which i still have this problem..... so its definatlly IE cuz 6months ago image is fine it has to be something small im missing grrrrrrrrrrrrrr the sfc/scanow im redoing again as i forgot to reboot but it didnt work straight after doing it so ill try that again now im back to my 3day old back up

21. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Separate your data from your system :)

22. maddawgz

well with vista ultimate i just click back up complete system? how i do that?...Nyhow still the same nothing's worked yet arghhhhhhhhhhhh
    cookie monstor got me good :mad: :mad: :mad:

latest image as you can im logged in just doesnt display the webpage properly only the links no images?

Edit update

Found a back up on dv'ds i had so restored to it..phewww all ok now lost few programs but re-enstalled, now i did a new back up to external just one of them mysteries hmmm thanks MD

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.