IE 11, Enhanced Protected Mode

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Mango555, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mango555

Mango555 Registered Member

Internet Explorer 11 (Win 8.1), originally came with Enhanced Protected Mode enabled by default. This caused a lot of problems with many websites and Microsoft disabled it (new default) with the November patches.

Does the Web Shield in Webroot provide an equivalent (or better) protection as Enhanced Protected Mode?

If that is the case I will then refrain from activating EPM in the future.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

EPM is different than what the web filtering extension performs. You are able to use EPM alongside our web filtering, although indeed Microsoft did just disable it. The password management feature within WSA does not work under EPM, but the rest of WSA works fine.

3. Mango555

Mango555 Registered Member

Thank you for your prompt response!

I was not referring to the new web filtering extension in Webroot but the other features that are enabled when the "padlock" shows up in the taskbar icon.

Is it then worth it to enable EPM to be fully protected?

4. explanoit

explanoit Registered Member

@Mango
    Yes I would enable EPM if you're not using LastPass/Webroot Password management. It's a very cool feature, even if the rollout was aggressive considering the compatibility issues it brings up.

@PrevxHelp
    Any idea if it's possible to get password management working under EPM? I've seen other providers say it won't work with their products as well. I rather like the feature.

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I agree, EPM is an additional layer which is worth using if it doesn't break compatibility.

We've been looking into this and have some options but have put the change on hold at the moment because of Microsoft's reversal of the default settings. We'll probably look into this again depending on user adoption.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.