Idea for New Forums Softare Utility

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by UncleDoug, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UncleDoug

UncleDoug Registered Member

Not sure if this idea would be worth the time, but it could save many of us aggravation and would make like simpler for those running forums.

How many times do you refer back to a posting in a forum and the link either takes you to Spam or to a Phishing site, or the site is no longer found
    "404"!

I have one program that I use every 3-4 months, that does the last, and checks my favorites in IE, and sure enough I usually find 4-7 dead links.

But a software program that would do a full scan for the Forums Administration, Plus automatically scan Posts and also User Personal info
    Would make like easier for everyone! But updates would change what is and what is not Spam, Phising, and no longer an active Link.

It would be up to the Forum Management if they want to delete the Post
    (in most instances I would say keep it, if it is of technical assistance), or if they want to send a message to the poster to see if He/She could find a more recent link.

As I said I am not sure if this is worth the time,
    but with the Spam from questionable search sites, to pharmaceutical products, to adult sites,
    to Phising sites and links,
    to the frustrating 404 link
    this software would make it easier on everyone, from the Forums administration to those who read and post in several different Forums.

Thanks
    UncleDoug

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi UncleDoug, welcome to Wilders.

As your post was not related to SpywareBlaster or a Support issue for SpywareBlaster, I have moved it here where it should receive better attention.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.