ID-Blaster Plus v2.0 is released!

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by javacool, Oct 6, 2002.

1. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

A new version of ID-Blaster is now released -- ID-Blaster Plus v2.0!

Among numerous other new features, it includes the ability to make/edit/add to lists of IDs to blast (and also includes more IDs in its default list). It is also now XP-compatible again. (The IDs are not actual valid ID numbers, but the locations in the registry.)

A larger list of new features, and download, is here:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/idblaster.html

Enjoy! :D

-Javacool

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Hi.I have XP Anti-spy.I looked at ID Blaster before it was xp compatable.It looks like an excellent privacy tool!I'm thinking that I wouldn't need both programs?My questions:Are there any compatability issues with SpyBlocker or any other software?Is ID Blaster easy to set-up?I understand that I should write down the original ID numbers.Any advice would be most welcome.

3. javacool

You probably could continue using both programs - there should be no issues.

As for compatibility issues with other software - none that are known (and there definitely shouldn't be any with Spyblocker).

And yes, setup is fairly easy. :) By just using the default list, you have a potential number of 6 GUIDs that ID-Blaster will randomize (however, it is likely that not all 6 are present in your system's registry - in this case, those items will be placed in a separate section of the program).

-Javacool

4. the Tester

Thanks for the fast reply javacool.I always ask about compatability cuz I'm far from being an expert.I like to avoid any software conflicts.I've known of ID Blaster and liked the idea of it.I don't like M$ tactics and privacy is important for everyone I think.Will ID Blaster show the original ID number?Or do I have to find that myself?I don't remember exactly how to pull that info. up.Just covering my bases before I give ID Blaster a go. ;) p.s. FYI I didn't take the sp1 download for IE6 or XP.Does that matter in regards to ID Blaster?

5. javacool

ID-Blaster Plus will automatically display your original ID numbers for you (and allow you to print them, or copy and paste them to a file, etc).

And no, whether or not you have the Service Pack 1 for XP does not matter (although I would recommend downloading it - in that case, make SURE you change your ID numbers back to their originals - ID-Blaster allows you to do that rather easily).

-Javacool

6. the Tester

Hey Javacool.I downloaded ID Blaster and I have it running.I wrote down all the ID numbers.And then started the randomization feature.Checked out the update feature also.Everything works very well.I am impressed with how easy your program is for an average pc -user like myself to run!This is definitely a necessary program to have if you care about security.Excellent design on your part IMHO.Thank You for creating ID Blaster and making this xp compatable version!

7. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

does it work on the new media player 9=)

8. javacool

It should. You can test this by downloading and running the program. If, in the main list, an item appears that has "WMP" or "Windows Media Player" in the title, then it is working. :)

-Javacool

9. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

omg thats so cool looking and yes it does work on media player 9=) woooooooooooo hooooooo

10. javacool

Glad you like it. :)

-Javacool

11. Jim

Jim Guest

Have Win98SE and IE6 installed. Installed ID Blaster v2 but when I try to trun it I receive the following "Failed to load control 'commondialog' from comdlg32.ocx. Your version of comdlg32.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that as provided with your application." I found I have v5.01.43.19 of comdlg32.ocx in the windows system folder. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

12. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Jim,

Please have a look and let me know ifit helps: http://www.webattack.com/help/missingfiles.html

Regards,

Pieter

13. Jim

Jim Guest

Hi Pieter,
    Thanks for that link. Found a later version of comdlg32.ocs. Renamed older version and placed newer version in the windows system folder and ID Blaster now works OK. Thanks again for your help.

14. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

:) Hi javacool!

My, you have been busy! I have a simple question. Do I need to uninstall the old ID-Blaster first before installing the new one? I would assume so but just thought I'd ask.

Best regards from Larry! :cool:

P.S. I predict you could win the "How To Forum" Contest hands down! Any winners yet Paul? ;)

15. javacool

You should at least remove the auto-start options for the old ID-Blaster (you can keep it around if you want). :)

-Javacool

16. Ghost

Ghost Guest

Specifically, where does one find the GUID for their Kazaa, Kazaalite and DietKaza programs?

And, how would one go about adding them to IDB?

17. javacool

As far as I know (and I just installed it and checked) the GUID for Kazaa/KazaaLite/DietKaza is not stored in the registry. You can find the registry information for Kazaa in this key (I believe this still holds true for the new 2.0 version).

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kazaa

Within that may be a Kazaa Lite key that stores more information (depending on what version of Kazaa you are using).

I did, however, just discover a folder holding MRUs for your most recent searches, and also a "recent file list". I'll be adding those to MRU-Blaster soon. :)

-Javacool

18. Opera User

Opera User Guest

I use Opera and not IE to surf the net. Does Opera have a product ID number and if so can ID Blaster be used with it? Thanks in advance for any answers and thanks to JavaCool for some great programs!!!

19. javacool

I will have to download and install Opera to check, but it probably does.

However, there is probably not an issue with keeping it the same (and it may be used to verify you have a valid Pro version, if you bought it - again, I'd have to install it and check). Unlike IE, Opera does not support ActiveX, and does not have any of the same issues as IE that put product ID numbers at risk (although randomizing your Windows Media Player product ID with ID-Blaster couldn't hurt - since whenever you play a media file, it may send that out).

Hope this helps. :)

-Javacool

20. Ghost

Ghost Guest

I thought as much. Thank you for looking into that.

21. javacool

The installers for all of my programs do not replace system files (such as the comdlg32.ocx) if they are present - even if the present versions are an earlier version than the one included in the installer. The only instance where the file would be installed would be if it is missing altogether from your system.

This is done to reduce potential conflicts with older software (because most versions of the dlls are also compatible with my programs - you seem to have hit on one that isn't ;)) and because there is a relatively high risk in replacing system dlls - even if they are newer versions.

-Javacool

22. mapsonx

mapsonx Registered Member

Hi Javacool

In WMP, Does it matter if "Allow Internet sites to uniquely identify your player" is enabled or disabled?

Is it recommended that a shortcut be placed in the start up folder?

Thx

- J - :D

23. javacool

As is in the description for the item, you need to turn the "allow internet sites to uniquely identify your player" option in WMP on - otherwise, WMP does NOT use the randomized registry value, but its own "sudo-randomized" value, which can actually still be used to track you (to a certain extent).

Hope this helps. :)

Regards,

-Javacool

24. war59312

war59312 Registered Member

Well first of all I can't make a new post in this form for some reason (ID Blaster Forum).

Second I just installed ID-Blaster Plus v2.0 and the screen popups up with my ids and there is a print button.

The problem here is that I had to click it twice to make it print. lol

So that's a bug. I'm using WinXP Pro. SP1 With All SP2 HotFixes.

Please fix and please allow me to make new topics in this forum. Oh and by the way this is the error I get when I try to start a new topic which is a little odd as you can see:

"This topic doesn't exist on this board. Error"

Thanks A Lot,
    Will

25. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi Will, and welcome.

Please post issues like these on the appropriate forum ;).

For the moment: empty your browsers' cache and give it another try. Start a new thread on the appropriate forum in regard to this issue; it doesn't concern this specific forum.

Thanks in advance!

regards.

paul

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.