ICSALabs Certifies Panda Cloud Antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Panda Cloud Antivirus, has received the first ever ICSA Labs certification for pure cloud-based antivirus.

ICSAlabs

Panda Blog

2. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

Panda are soooo full of it!!

Prevx have been doing cloud computing for 4+ years now.

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

this thread is more about an award, not a race. Keep it that way.:cautious:

4. PC__Gamer

well, Maybe Panda should stop making false claims. :thumbd:

& ok, congrats on their certification. :rolleyes:

5. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

agree, PCA does its job well and is still young but will get stronger with each release.

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

In all fairness, who doesnt. Taking from Prevx main page.

"World's strongest, fastest, most powerful security solution for those who want to be safe online."

Pretty bold.

7. PC__Gamer

isnt it though? :)

it has techniques only others wish to have, its cloud is probably the biggest and its safeonline is better than anything out there to keep you 'Safe Online'.

its lightest at less than 1mb download, its fastest, its scanning speed has to be one of the fastest, while its removal is guarenteed, manual assistance included if need be (2 weeks sorted max or MONEY BACK)

panda is just pure telling lies saying its the first to introduce cloud computing, like its some masterpiece they have thought up, Prevx have been doing it for years, developing their technology for this type of product for years.

used to like Panda, but comments like this just make me - curious, about just how far they will go to promote their product (& brand) to the public.

bold claims indeed, but Panda is just plain telling lies.

I see no reason for them wanting to lie, but yet they do it, what could be gained from telling everyone you were the first?

---

anyhow, back on track.

is this a good award to win?

I do like to see Panda getting some awards, I think people have underestimated them for years, especially on this forum.

do they still keep their expensive prices and their upgrade policy though?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  8. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Panda Cloud Antivirus is free so pricing is irrelevant. Congratulations to Panda for achieving ICSA Labs certification. :)

9. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

What techniques does it have that others dont? How do you know its cloud is the biggest, do you have proof of this? How do you know its the best at keeping you safe online (we all know its easier to be a smart browser than install some software)? How do you know removal is guaranteed (no removal is guaranteed and cant be 100% for every single infection)?

Basically without any proof your just blowing air.

Seems to me like PrevX's claim: "World's strongest, fastest, most powerful security solution for those who want to be safe online." has absolutely nothing to back it up. It may be the fastest, but its definitely not the strongest or the most powerful (they are the same thing after all).

So what difference does it make if Panda does it or if PrevX does it?

As I can see from your sig your clearly clouded by your bias preventing you from seeing straight up facts.

10. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

PCA is able to prevent and clean all in-the-wild malware with no false positives. Good job Panda! I typically don't pay much attention to the marketing of these products anyway as it seems like they all are the best, or did something first. In the end its the products performance that matters and PCA has been doing well. :thumb:

11. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Well done to Panda.

Panda and prevx, I think both are great (run both! :) ). Any disagreements in company statements should be sorted out between company CEOs, not by us. Company statements don't have any weighting on the work guys like Pedro (pbust) and Joe (prevxhelp) do around here.

12. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning ! If you believe even a small part of Marketing Claims endorsing any product from any industry you are doomed to lead a muddled existence ! Certified one yr gone the next...crank up the misinformation machine and let the truth fall where it may. Believe in the day to day useage of any given product on your system...test and observe...and most importantly it's what matters to you and you alone ! Sincerely...Securon

13. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

The premise of a certification for being a “pure cloud-based antivirus” is that “pure cloud-based” is better than an alternative approach (e.g., a hybrid with in-the-cloud as well as local capabilities). Personally, I have no reason to believe that the premise is justified. Thus, this ICSA Labs certification seems silly -- does it not?

A certification founded upon enhanced protection or performance makes sense (i.e., an observable user benefit), but one based upon “pure cloud-based antivirus” is describing a method (i.e., a means to the end and not the end objective itself).

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  14. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

For those interested in examining the authenticity of Prevx’s assertive marketing claims, please see this thread.

15. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

Panda Cloud AV worked just fine when I last used it. Who cares if its cloud is the biggest it runs light is free & in my case worked fine. Nothing much wrong with it as far as I can see. Now its ICSA certified. Sorry some do not like it but that why there are more than one antivirus.

16. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Lol, some of you guys take all these marketing claims like must be 100% true or they just suck! :D

17. m0unds

m0unds Guest

hahaha, it's just proving that the marketing is working... :D

congrats to panda on the certification though, their products have come quite a ways.

18. arjunned

arjunned Registered Member

Ya. Congrats Panda! :)

19. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Congratulations Panda :D

20. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

Congratulations Panda. Your cloud application is running in my internet tuned computers. I use different AVs in different computers here and PCAV is fast becoming one of my favorites. Ultra light and very efficient in doing its job.
    p.s. You can't beat the price either. :)

Cheers,
    SourMilk out

21. smage

smage Registered Member

Good job Panda.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.