Ice Princess' thread

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by ice_princess, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Pieter & ice_princeas,
    Pieter's suggestion to start in safe mode is a good one.
    I am concerned about users. I f ice_proncess has access to other accounts either through log in or by switching user it would be interesting to see if TDS is showing in any of those accounts - The Admin account especially. I cannot see , at the moment, that if TDS3 is shown as running in TM why there is no showing on the desktop so another thing to try is right click on the launch bar (usuallyat the bootom of the screen) and a menu will popup with the top item usually being Toolbars, there should be an item "show desktop" click it and see if that makes a difference.

One more thing comes to mind is language, TDS3 will not work with the Chinese or perhaps Japanese character sets loaded (not sure on that but it is mentioned in a previous thread somewhere).

If none of this works it may be a good idea to email DCS direct at support@ciamondcs.com.au though you may not get a reply until Monday.

? Pilli

2. ice_princess

ice_princess Registered Member

Pieter and Pilli:

Another big problem had occured!!! I restarted my computer in the Safe Mode as recommended by Pieter, ran my TDS scanning in the Safe Mode for a few minutes, and then restarted my PC in the regular mode. Now, in the regular mode, I activated TDS3 again and got a message that read: "TDS KeyFile is corrupt. Error code=L1A> Email support@diamondcs.com.au and report this error code. Please attach your tds3.kf file to the email."

As suggested, I ran the scanning in the Admin.'s account (my brother's account), but I did not see the TDS icon displayed on the desktop; however, I was able to locate TDS3 in c:\programsfiles\TDS3.

Also, I right clicked on the launch bar>Toolbars>Desktop (both in my account and the Admin's account). Still, nothing happened.

Now that I got that message, I guess my TDS is corrupted :( Hmm, totally lost now!!!

ice_princess

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Sorry to hear that ic_princess,
    Anyway do as TDS requested with the keyfile & may I suggest you also put a link to this thread just in case we have missed something.
    As said earlier you may have to wait until Monday for e response from DCS.

4. ice_princess

Pilli,

Thanks for your help. I really appreciated your patience :-*

ice princess

5. ice_princess

hello Pieter:

I was wondering if you could give me a link to download the free WinZip software. The one that I found requires that I pay for the service, but I was told that WinZip is supposed to be free. Thank you for your help. Waiting for your reply.

ice princess

6. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi ice_princess,

WinZip has a free trial, it is not free.

Courtesy of discogail, some free ones:
    FreeZip : http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nulifetv/freezip/ad.htm

SnipZip: http://www.moonlight-software.com/freeware.htm

JustZIPit : http://avatarsoft.com/free/default.asp?s=40746&a=1002

and more are here......Zip Freeware : http://www.webxd.com/zipguy/thelist.htm

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.