IBM Rescue & Recovery Software & PG

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by chuckenheimer, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckenheimer

chuckenheimer Registered Member

I am using for my ThinkPad the IBM software Rescue & Recovery to take image backups of my partitions. There are three PG files (not sure now exactly which 3 they are) that refuse to be backed up and the R & R software allows me to skip each during the backup.

I am concerned that should i restore one of these backups then these 3 files would no longer be available to the PG software which may cause problems for me in the future.

How best do I resolve this situation? Might I be able to disable PG during these backups or is there something more involved possibly requiring a reboot before I make the backup?

Thanks!

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi chuckenheimer

Assuming your offline I would simply disable Process Guard when you do the backups. To do this just right click on the PG icon in your systray and uncheck the Protection Enabled tab. You will notice the icon change. BE SURE and renable it when you are done. I do this all the time.

Pete

3. chuckenheimer

chuckenheimer Registered Member

Pete,

Hey, that seems simple enough. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.