I would't buy it

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Wedgehog, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wedgehog

Wedgehog Registered Member

The whole point of backup software is that it backs up your software and works when you need it, every time you need it. Acronis claim all these wonderful things on their product page and I want a backup prog that will write to DVD. Tried it. It's crap, unreliable, relies on other peoples software which is known to be unreliable.
    When writing to DVD it flashes up a big warning window screaming unable to write to DVD maybee bad media etc etc. When all it should be saying is "Please insert the next disk" but even when it has completed all the disks, it cant read from them. You sit there like a trained monkey swapping disks in the drive as it asks for one then the other, just to be told after half an hor of this, that the backup is crap. Well I thought Acronis were supposed to be proffessionals, don't they even test their software? Tell you what guys.
    I WILL NOT BUY IT.

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Jesus Christ and I'm planning to buy TI9 in the near future.
    I read lately more negative posts, than positive posts about TI, especially about TI9, backups on DVD and users going back to TI8.
    What's going on ? Not really encouraging news for me to buy TI9. Pffft. :(

3. Wedgehog

Wedgehog Registered Member

Trouble is ErikAlbert, there are pages of complaints on this forum and all Acronis can say to people is that the build team think it's a stable system and as if surprised to hear that there are problems "oh could you please tell us about the problems you are having" What's the point of the forum if they don't read it? Mind you to be fair I don't suppose they could admit their software doesen't work.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If in the future you change your mind and need assistance or Acronis Support....feel free to start a thread concerning your problem.

As you are not needing assistance this thread will be closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.