I would like to share something with you all..

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Vood?? Child?, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vood?? Child?

Vood?? Child? Registered Member

Some of you can figure out that some days something
    happens to you and well...things change and you need a breath
    of fresh air.
    Here is my story:
    Three days ago I was traveling by car leaving my sisters house from a visit
    a unsuspected lady driving ahead of me [on accident] hit a deer and kept going.
    This was a shock because when I came upon the poor animal she must have been very close to giving birth, because it caused a immediate and how can i say this?? explosion of her birth time??
    3 babies came out very suddenly after the impact caused the mother deer to pass!! It was pouring down rain and I tried so hard to save them and could not[people in other cars woul not stop] I paniced even tried c.p.r. on one of them.
    For some reason this has effected me so weirdly[I cannot tell my wife because it would just tear her apart!!
    I know some folks will say "It was just a deer!!' But well it was more than that
    helpless little creatures that had not ime to grow into big creatures!!
    Sorry for telling this story if anyone takes offens[not my intention]
    Makes me think how fragile life on earth is and all things come to such a abrupt ending
    G.
    P.S signing off for good a friend made me see the light
    Jimi has left the building

2. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

Dear VoodØØ Child,

First of all I want to put you on a higher throne for doing what you did. You must be an angel, for trying to safe those poor
    animals. It must have been hard on you.

I'm heartbroken. :'(

It is NOT just a deer...but a living and breathing creature !!!

Yes, accidents can happen...unfortunately too many with deer too. But just to drive on, like that woman did, is an unspeakable act.
    We have to value animals, just as we value humans. That's how I see it !

What a sad thing and I have no other words......:'(

You are one of those people that deserve a medal, for having a heart !!!

*hugs* to YOU.

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Share it with your wife - she's probably the only person on earth men are still allowed to cry in front of. Pete

4. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

5. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:'( I could not agree more with Spy1. I also like to believe that your action did not go unnoticed by a much higher power than ourselves.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :cool: :)

6. ~*Nat*~

There are those things (I forget what you call them)...you can put on your car that makes deer go away when you come close.

If everyone would use them, I'm sure less of those kind of tragedies would happen. :rolleyes:

7. Primrose

8. BeetleBoss

BeetleBoss She who posts lots of <I>Smileys</I>

VoodØØ Child,

I admire you for beautiful caring heart. What a wonderful thing you did not only stopping for the Momma but, to try to save those little babies.

I don't quite understand why you hestitate to share this with your wife and you share it with us. Why not share your loving act of kindness with your other half. I'm sure she already knows how amazingly you are. Don't be afraid to share your life experiences with her. I believe once you start that even on a small level......a small seperation begins between you two. I think, to keep a marriage strong, you must share all the happy, fun, sad, challenging, and yes even the very sad experiences together. That's why God gave you that partner for life. To share everything.

Steve(beetlejuice) was my bestfriend before we married and now he is for life. It would make me feel badly to think that he was to uncomfortable to share something with me.

Your wife is your rock as much as you are hers.

If I read that wrongly. And your trying to protect her from feeling the heartache of the loss.

I believe your feeling heartache from this loss.
    Remember, she's also your shoulder to cry on in life, too

Thanks for sharing your story with~~I think your amazing!!
    http://img118.exs.cx/img118/1691/hug8ok.gif
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Primrose, I deeply sorry about your brother-in-law.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Got this from rita in an email.
    I thought it kinda fit well here.

A family in Bend, Oregon found this fawn on their front steps a few weeks ago and took this photo. The white spots on the steps are apple blossom petals.

As you may know, deer hide their fawns and go away for awhile. The fawns have no odor yet, and naturally stay absolutely still.

Isn't this an amazing photograph? A great job of natural camouflage! The fawn stayed there all morning, and the mama came to get it after 4-5 hours.

Kudos to the people for leaving the fawn alone, knowing Mom would be back.

THE MOM "HID" HER BABY ON THE BROWN STEPS WITH WHITE SPOTS.

Attached Files:

• deer.jpg
      deer.jpg
      File size:
      29.6 KB
      Views:
  9. Primrose

10. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

If I may....
    I think is what VoodØØ Child™ is trying to
    say, I beleive his wife loves animals almost more
    than 'human kind' and would probably break her heart!!
    @Primrose, Very sorry for your friend and his family
    God bless them

11. Notok

Notok Registered Member

It's good to see someone that cares. Just know that you did all you can, VoodØØ, not many would have gone the extra mile like that. :)

Take care, and I agree w/ Spy1; talk to your wife.

12. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I agree entirely with Notok.

13. Mr.Ree

Mr.Ree Registered Member

Hi, don't feel sorry for sharing with us.It hasn't had a negative effect on us i'm sure, in fact just the opposite i'd say.So i for one am very pleased you have.

You have your reasons,which we don't know,for not telling your wife,but i agree with the other kind ppl here that if you can then i really think you should.

And i hope you are able to because often though tragedy events such as this do indeed bring ppl closer together after the initial shock etc,which is only natural.

Best wishes to you

14. Hard Rocker

Hard Rocker Registered Member

;) All I can say is the world needs more people like yourself in it !!!
    Thumbs up to you and Jimi. :cool:

15. ~*Nat*~

~ I'm truly sorry for what happened to your brother-in-law, Primrose. ~

16. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

I am so sorry VoodØØ Child :'(
    It was a terrible thing to have happened!My heart cries with youI hit a deer one time,a big one and it nearly wrecked me.It totalled the car I was driving,luckily I wasnt hurt but it killed the poor deer instantly I guess.I got out of the car and it laid there half through the windshield dead.That image stayed in my mind for a long time,but I couldnt help hitting it.I was going down the interstate about 70 and it was just there in my windshield,out of nowhere.It came part way through it,hopefully it didnt suffer,it was dead when I got out and looked at it to see.It was a horrible horrible day for me!!

17. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Primrose
    So sorry about your brother in law

18. ~*Nat*~

Rita...my heart goes out to you. :'( http://bestsmileys.com/comfort/1.gif
    And that poor deer.

It happens all the time...waay too often....:'(

19. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

it sure does especially where I live,there are so many hit and killed.I dont believe those things work that people put on there vehicles to scare them away,have known people that have them and still hit deer.It's so sad and not a thing you can do about it but be as careful as you can and sometimes that doesnt even work :'(

20. CartoonBoy

CartoonBoy Registered Member

All I see here is the human heart. We all have one and it's a good thing to share. Always good to see some raw emotion.

Primrose my friend - I hope your Brother in law and family are coping with the change, and
    I'm sure that his kind deed will not go unreturned ;)

21. ~*Nat*~

That's really unfortunate. And I didn't know that those things don't work. :(

But you know Rita ~ I'm sooo glad nothing happened to YOU, when you had that accident !!!

Not everyone is so lucky. Sad, sad, sad.

22. ~*Nat*~

Hey CB,

You're right. It's wonderful to see people that care. :)
    Wanna hug them all !!!!

But you know reality ~ not every so called "humans" have emotions. That's a fact.

23. CartoonBoy

CartoonBoy Registered Member

Yeh! Sometimes Reality Bites !! :doubt:

24. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

i'm guessin' that what hayc says is right. but just out of curiosity, why can't you tell ur wife?

gotta admit, i wouldn't have done what you did, but i have much respect! at least you tried, and that's more than most people would have done. find comfort in knowing that at least you did something, and look toward your wife to help you if you're having problems dealing with this. you have some very compassionate people and friends here at wilder's if you haven't realized that already. good-luck.

primrose: i've had a similar incident happen to me twice in my life. one very recently. makes you question your own mortality and appreciate life that much more. everyday i wake-up, i literally kiss the floor, thankful for a chance at another day, and a chance to correct all i've done wrong. (keep in mind; i usually wake-up on the floor anyways!). :D

25. Primrose

Herd of Buffalo Disrupt Traffic in Md.

Apr 26, 11:47 AM (ET)

PIKESVILLE, Md. (AP) - A herd of buffalo somehow got loose and wandered around an upscale neighborhood Tuesday, disrupting traffic and alarming homeowners before officers managed to corral them in a tennis court.

More than a dozen police cars and a police helicopter were used to herd the roughly 10 beasts, authorities said.

"Somehow they figured it out; I've got to give a lot of credit to the creativity of our officers," police spokesman Shawn Vinson said.

Authorities have identified the owner of the buffalo but did not release the person's name immediately.

Residents in the Baltimore suburb first reported that buffalo were meandering along the road about 7 a.m.

Police shut down several major traffic arteries, including a section of the Baltimore Beltway, while they tried to anticipate which way the buffalo would roam.

Officers eventually managed to maneuver the buffalo onto the tennis court about a mile from where they first were spotted.

:eek:

"15 - love."

"Stay in the car Sir and keep your hands on the wheel ..just show me your tennis racket, credit cards, and balls.
    You have been registered using your animal alert at 100 decibel, scared the crap out of me and woke up the whole neighborhood. How would you like it if I took a dump on your court ? "

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.