I will be testing 4.2 Client, and 4.0 Remote Administrator

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by bradtech, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradtech

bradtech Registered Member

On select machines, and servers. I will notify ESET of any issues discovered. We have around 2,000 clients.. I will test 4.2 on a client in each division, and throw up a VM of 4.0 Remote Administrator..

2. Templar

Templar Registered Member

What OS are you guys running on the bulk of your clients.

How's your Win7 experience?

Simon

3. bradtech

bradtech Registered Member

I'd say out of around 2000 clients we have around 50-100 Windows 2000 Pro clients which are very low end machines.. I tend to stick with version 3 on them.. I recently upgraded all of my 3.0.672, and 3.0.684 to the new 3.0.695 client on all of them without any issues at all.

All of my Windows XP clients are newer machines ranging from Pentium 4s up to Dual Core CPUs which all run 4.0 nicely as long as there is RAM compensation which most at least have 512 or 1024.. I have no issues with 4.0 on any clients.. The Earlier builds of 4.0 did have some hang up issues on 2008 Server, and Vista due in part to a Microsoft issue that you had to request a hotfix for. That being said Version 3 is still on my mission critical file servers, and I even have 2.7 running on my two mainframe presetation servers which if ever to even fart for a second would mean a never ending series of phone calls across the state.

I have been testing all the Version 4 series most notably the latest stable release on Windows 7 in a VMware environment, and on my test rigs at home which run fine.. I installed 4.2 on all my Windows 7 machines today.. I was aware of the Windows Filtering Service issue going on with ESET and Vista/7 which seems ESET has worked on to try to get around a Microsoft issue.. I keep watching my WSUS Server for a hotfix to come down from Microsoft but you still have to request it.. I may request it, and add it to my WSUS Server and get it in place..

I am satisfied with the new released but would still like to see the engine that comes with V5 to drop their memory usage from the 30s and 40s down into the teens and twenties.. I understand we are in the age of 2GB/4GB ram and dual/quad core machines but in a large infrastructure upgrades come slow, and we still have some legacy computers out in the field which V3 or V4 will choke down big time.. I install 2.7 and it is a big difference but you sacrifice protection.. I also would like some sort of malware scanner on the windows registry so eset can detect modified registry entries, and clean them up/remove the malware entries.. A competitor has released something like that which I think is a good idea for the major AV companies to get into..

Other than that :thumb:

I have not got to work with Remote Administrator 4.. I will update after I have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.