I want my Avira back.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Avira is my very first trusted anti-virus. It's the first thing I install before. :D

2. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Well, I do not miss anything from the old Avira... except maybe for the blue umbrella in the systray :cool:

3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I guess Avira got lost a bit in the innovation department, i'm not saying the should jump ships immediately and incorporate many features but they've been having a hard time following trends and have a real slow development.

I know all those fancy features are not important protection wise as long as they perform but they still seem to be going through a hard situation.

4. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

5. Macstorm

That's correct, I got a prompt to restart my system after this SP update this morning :)

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

yep me to, thanks Avira. You are moving forward again. thank god.;)

7. King Grub

Looks like the Service Pack broke ProActive, if you check the Avira forums. It now seems to detect almost everything as acting suspicously and stopping it.

8. Macstorm

Are you experiencing that behavior or just read it on forum?
    Everything is fine here!

9. vojta

vojta Registered Member

Here Pro Activ has just stopped cold Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 the moment I doubleclicked its icon, lol.

I think it is "a bit" more aggressive now, and I also think that someone forgot to put something in a white list.

10. King Grub

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  11. vojta

vojta Registered Member

The problem has been solved a couple of minutes ago with a 15kbts update.

12. zerotox

zerotox Registered Member

If this could be called solving. Avira has removed the module Pro Active with this update until it is analysed and only then it will be introduced back. This is said in their forum:
    Quote: "Avira removed Avira ProActiv for Avira Premium / Internet Security English and German users with one of updates released today.
    Then, Avira ProActiv will be analyzed and fixed to come back to both products as soon as possible."

13. Macstorm

I've read the whole threads and I think it was a specific-configuration related issue, since I did have no problems whatsoever with programs like VLC media player mentioned there, which I use it all the time (I'm on Win 7 32bit). Anyway I'm glad to see Avira has already fixed it. :)

14. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I still think they just need time and i really want Avira to continue developing their awesome suite. :D :thumb:
    They're a great company.

15. carat

carat Guest

Great solution :D BTW: If the ProActive module kills your windows you can't be infected with malware :D Hehe

16. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

:D is true, next time they stop pc from booting, the best AV in the world

They simply apply a workaround (remembering Microsoft) OMG the perfect word for describe this "solution" is
    RIDICULOUS
    As the main windows in Avira Free full of contents not clickable, simply ridiculous

17. Amin

Amin Registered Member

hi..
    im sorry can anyone clearly explain what's happenin cuz i cant believe it actually.. u mean avira is spreadin an defective update which stops the computer from workin properly o_O for what ?? ive heard the paid versions are under effect of this update.. what about avira free... god im being insane !!

is this update out now ?

with respect

18. King Grub

There was a broken update that caused ProActiv to flag legitimate processes as suspicious and stop them. This has been "fixed" when Avira released a new update which disabled ProActiv completely, until they can figure out that went wrong.

And they aren't "spreading" it. That makes it sound like it was on purpose.

19. Amin

Amin Registered Member

thnx god..

aight ! my bad..

but my avira didnt flag anything durin these days and worked just fine.. it is true about my friend also.

we both were usin 32bit version and thank to avira default settings ProActiv was enabled.. what's wrong ? :) :D

Take Care.:thumb:

20. vojta

vojta Registered Member

The problem was triggered or not depending on your system's settings, not everyone was affected. In my case, for example, Pro Activ blocked Internet Explorer and nothing else.

21. carat

carat Guest

Not everyone but a few millions are enough ... :rolleyes:

There is also one good thing: The Avira update servers shouldn't be overloaded now :D

22. Macstorm

The issue with the ProActiv module was present only under certain system configurations.

23. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

me 222222222222222

24. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

i wish the free version would be handled better. i mean with the nag screens and stuff. all the other free av seem to be adding more.

what people opion of the free version? like it? dont?

25. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Avira never did it for me, It just didn't seem speedy and the ads were done wrong, although I did like the detection and the interface. I always have switched between Comodo Internet Security, Panda Cloud Free Antivirus and Avast Free, Which in my opinion are the best free options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.