I think my suggestion is useful,maybe?

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by Kaizarzz, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaizarzz

Kaizarzz Registered Member

I want my feature suggestion add in free version too,Please. I'm sure that's not make Returnil's profit decrease.
    I suggest Returnil can add another password or virtual password to account's password or administartor's password in windows. So,there's two password to log on user account. That's original password and virtual password means original password is for normal log on and virtual password is log on with virtual mode is actived and maybe with restriction to access Returnil or with restriction like in standard user or just with primary partition without other partition that cannot be in virtual mode by Returnil. So it's make activation virtual mode quick and easy, and no one know if user just active virtual mode.
    is my explanation clear?
    is it useful?
    if not,maybe Returnil can get some inspiration.
    I just try;)
    I hope Returnil can more secure and know what user want.
    Thanks.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Kaizarzz,
    I understand what you are looking for, but with disk level virtualization, this type of distinction is not possible without an intrusive (read performance hogging) file monitoring feature that would allow for a simulation of application level techniques.

The main reason why the Virtual Mode is so light and efficient is that it could care less what happens inside of Windows except where the Virus Guard and A-E are concerned. Once you add the type of filtering where all file operations AND registry are concerned, you have to aggressively watch for these changes rather than simply watch what happens to the disk itself; making for significant reduction in PC performance and poor user experience in many cases - especially with old, commodity and/or hardware challenged systems.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.