I need help with Windows 95 from the windows gurus.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mattdocs12345, Jul 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

I bought a game that I used to play as a kid. It's an old classic, Janes ATF Gold. On a CD-Rom it says "Win 95 CD." I bought a Windows 95 on Amazon, new disk, never opened with original seal. I installed it on Virtual Box without much trouble. However the game will not install on Windows 95. I get an error "This is not a Win32 application."
    Any ideas why a Windows 95 game does not work on Windows 95?!

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Are you sure the game CD is in good condition? That sounds like the kind of error you get with a corrupt file or an incomplete download.

3. Veeshush

Veeshush Registered Member

Did you update Windows 95 through Windows Update and also update Directx? It could also just be an issue with Virutal Box and trying to get an old game running on an emulated Windows (with iffy emulated Windows 95 "drivers"). You could also try Windows 98, or even Windows XP 32bit under Virtual Box, might work with less hassle that way.

4. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

Game installs but crashes in Windows XP under compatibility mode. I would love to get it to work on XP but Direct X found on the CD-ROM will not install under compatibility mode.

5. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.